1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Apevia X-Telstar Junior

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Jan 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

the two tone versions of this case visually dont look that bad but ya overall this is a poorly designed case but I guess if you were to modify the inner workings just a bit it could become decent but ya this would be a case I would pass on...

3. Naberius

Naberius New Member

That is pretty damn ugly, it screams tackiness, but quite good cooling performance somehow.

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

erm, unless the cage is rivited, you can just remove 4 screws, and out it comes... just like EVERY other one on this chassis

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

And it got a damn door. as you know i hate doors. Doors are so 1999...

6. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I think it looks good in the first screen, the later ones where its all lit up like traffic lights make it look bad, it would do my head in at night too >_<

7. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

The black plastic combined with faux-chrome trimming really illustrates why this type of design is enjoying such a renaissance. Combine this with the rather ingenious front temperature monitor, the tastefully placed clear plastic side window and the beautifully crafted semi translucent fan and you’ve found a winner. Any components placed within this housing will scream cutting edge, echoing the sensibilities in taste so enjoyed by its owner.

8. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I've seen better looking tissue boxes.
    But thats not to say Apevia Hasn't made good cases, i might be using one for hidden sun mod with a fairly similar design.

9. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Man, you went crazy there on the first page...

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

That was the "toned down" version. :p

11. MonkeyNutZ

MonkeyNutZ Crysis Fiend

I find it amazing that people spend $40 on something that's supposed to protect your $1000+ PC hardware.

Lian-Li Cheesecake (Lion = Rawrr!)

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

That was shocking, It looks shocking also. Overall score of 4, have you reviewd anything lower that in the history of Bit? haha

Sam

13. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE New Member

This is absolutely horrible i wouldnt buy a case like this even if it was £5. THeres way to many crappy cases on the market, do we need another one?....NO WE DONT. Theres more quality in a single Lian Li drivecage than in the entire Apevia range. And it seems that the design department are run by three blind mice :D

Last edited: 27 Jan 2008
  14. Faunus

Faunus New Member

What a poor case. But this leads me to a query:

I understand that bit-tech has to provide unbiased, fair reviews of various hardware for various uses and what-not, but what I don't understand is why we have to be subjected to reviews of hardware that only a Daily Mail reader would buy. Do you feel obliged to review these items because you are sent them by the manufacturer for review, or what? Surely, you must have much better cases sent in for review, that would be deemed worthy of our attention, instead of letting us know how crap something is?

Again, I understand that all is fair in love and war, but wouldn't it be a great idea if we had a couple of pages every month, filled with a run-down of the crap that you get sent, that you deemed not worthy to review because it was so poor, but you thought you would tell us about it, so we don't buy it (type-thing!)?

Don't get me wrong, I love Bit-tech and have been a reader for years now, but I just feel that sometimes I waste time reading a 4 page review, just to find out that something is a bit pile of steaming, soiled pants.

Tags: Add Tags