1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Apple child account transfer help

Discussion in 'General' started by goldstar0011, 4 Apr 2022.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Howdy folks

Need a 2nd opinion on helping someone with Apple child accounts.

So my friend has a daughter who's child apple account is managed by her aunt, we want to transfer it to the mother to manage.
    The aunt is saying that doing the transfer, the child will lose all apps etc that she has paid for.

I'm saying that's BS having read this and knowing Apple would not do such a thing.....right?

It reads to me, that the moms invites her daughter to be a child under her account, the Aunt will have to approve the transfer.
    Done?

Cheers guys

2. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

It sounds like they'd lose access to any apps or services that were being shared to the Family group: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201081

If the account has made its own purchases then they should be kept.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I believe it's teh apps bought on the childs account she's worried about

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

A child account is part of a family, all purchases (no matter who makes them) are billed to the family owner however they are "purchased" by the account that hit the buy/install button and shared with the family.
    If a child leaves a family then they lose access to apps shared by that family account but not apps they purchased.

From Apple's own site.
    • If your family shares iTunes, Apple Books, and App Store purchases, you immediately stop sharing your purchases and lose access to the purchases made by your other family members. You keep any purchases you initiated while part of the family group. Other family members can't use content downloaded from your collection.
    • Any content that your family shared with you isn't automatically removed from your device. You can purchase it again or remove it to free up space on your device. If you downloaded an app from a family member’s purchase history and made In-App Purchases, you'll need to purchase the app yourself to access your In-App Purchases.

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

ah, that's not gonna go down too well as I think most purchases was done by the aunt, but is there a way to check who paid for an app?

My apple device skills are bit out of date