1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple cleans App Store of smutty apps

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Feb 2010.

1. dslickness

dslickness What's a Dremel?

Disgruntled App developers who were betrayed by the intolerant shinny apple unite and develop for Android!!!

Enough with the tyranny.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I hope you mean $50 with a contract... Otherwise tell me where! :)

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

wow they dont want people jail breaking but boy do they push you to do it, but why not just do an 18+ section that requires verification and be done with it, they get to make even more money and everyone is a little bit happier.

4. WDCPreD

WDCPreD What's a Dremel?

+1 Android.

I get all the wobbling boobs I want on my Nexus One.

5. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Well we all know that playboy and sports illustrated have higher standers than any indie developer ever can. They also have more money and under Apples Golden Rule "He who has the gold makes the rules".

6. sear

sear Guest

I'm surprised how many people are objecting to this. I find it hard to call any of the people who create these things "developers", much less acceptable human beings. The guidelines presented are a bit strict, but despite that, it's ludicrous that they would even accept what are essentially poorly-veiled masturbation aids. I do think that freedom of information is important, of course, but frankly, as a publisher, Apple needs to show public responsibility. Would they tolerate racism and homophobia in their apps? I doubt it, yet they seem to have no problem with sexist materials

7. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

so what about that gay-cruising app Grindr? im not homophobic, but i can imagine the same 'think of the children' attitude would condemn that too.

8. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

Right... Read the whole article but ignore the last 2 lines.

9. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Spot on! according to Crapple, I'm not allowed to watch a pair of boobs wobble but I can seek out using the gps the closest homosexual for a little action. WTF!

I don't understand anyone commenting here on how they can defend Crapples decision. You can't allow Grindr, Playboy or Sports Illustrated etc. but stuff every other sexual referencing app because it isn't well known? I only found out about Grindr when Jeremy Clarkson joked about it with Stephen Fry on Topgear. Does that warrant it's inclusion?

10. _Metal_Guitar_

_Metal_Guitar_ What's a Dremel?

This doesn't bother me in the slightest, never bought an apple product never will.

To be fair though, I don't blame apple for this, i blame all the whiny people that are afraid of everythin. Why is it no one can take responsibility for themselves or their kids. If you don't like it, don't fecking get it. Its THAT simple.

I love how America is the land of freedom, yet all they do is censor everything.

11. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Me too! lol

Tags: Add Tags