1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Apple+PC or...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slaughter, 12 Mar 2009.

1. Slaughter

Slaughter New Member

Well guys i am looking for buying an mac mini in the summer and have it in the same screen the same keyboard and the same mouse with my pc!

So is it possible to share an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse for both pc and mac? Also, the same applies in the monitor 1monitor to share a mac and a pc

My other option is giving my pc to my dad and buying an iMac and forget gaming for a while then make a custom mini atx case and buy a new one after some time for gaming rig!

What should I do such a delema:geek::blah:

2. Mokey Mokey

Mokey Mokey New Member

Yes, the apple wireless keyboard and mouse will work with a pc.

But how about instead of getting a imac and losing the ability to game, you build a hackintosh. Then you can build a new gaming rig, that costs less, has much greater performance over the imac and can flawlessly run OSX. You can dual boot into windows to game or boot into Leopard and do what you plan on doing. Installing OSX is simple too, as long as you build your pc with compatible parts, you just pop in a modified DVD.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

how about don't buy anything. put Hackintosh onto your current PC :) what components have you got? i've spent quite some time investigating on hackintoshes, so i can see if your hardware are compatible or not.

i have just bought a 6200 PCI to make OSX 10.5.6 work. it's so easy to install, i now have everything working perfectly except hardware accelerated graphics. with the new 6200 arriving soon, im sure i will have a fully functional Mac (of course no gaming on it, 6200 is enough for desktop).

i thought Apple wireless keyboard/mouse uses bluetooth, so a bluetooth adaptor is needed, minimal? other than that, i don't know about drivers. for the monitor, it's easy, VGA to Mac mini and DVI to PC, switch using the Source button on your monitor.

4. Mokey Mokey

Mokey Mokey New Member

Ha ha, even better. As long as you have a compatible motherboard, you'll be able to get it running. And if you have something in your current pc that is not compatible, like a graphics card (such as wuyanxuor's GTX260), sound card, or network card, just swap it out for one that is. Now that sounds like a party! :clap:

So what is the hardware inside you current pc?

5. Slaughter

Slaughter New Member

well i have a fairly decent set up for hackingtosh but I dont own any wireless card that works and pc without internet is nothing :p

Also, after a couple of months with hackintosh I want the real stuff

I am asking my father if he could exchange my curent pc (8400,maximus formula,2gig,8800gt) +440Euros and buy the cheapest 24" iMac prolly he will refuse but I'll try if not I have not many options :'(

6. Mokey Mokey

Mokey Mokey New Member

You could simply buy a new wireless card that works with Leopard. For example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180052. Also, why would you want to exchange your current computer for one that has worse performance? If your current computer will run Leopard, why would you need a new one? :confused:

7. Slaughter

Slaughter New Member

My father needs a computer and I like mac ... So give him the pc, take the mac easy...

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

then you've already made your decision.

be sure to get a GT130 or 4850 on your Mac, then you'll be able to boot-camp into Windows to play games.

9. Mokey Mokey

Mokey Mokey New Member

But in order to get the GT 130 or the 4850, it would cost a lot more than Slaughter is willing to pay or can afford.

If you wants a legit mac, I purpose you use your computer as a hackintosh until you get enough money to buy an imac with the 4850. Otherwise forget about gaming for a while, onboard graphics just don't cut it. But if your able to sacrifice gaming, then you'll be fine with the cheapest 24" imac, as long as you don't plan on 3D rendering.

I forgot to ask you what you plan on using you mac for?