1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Apple PowerMac G4 pc case mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by maestro0428, 20 Sep 2012.

1. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

I know, I know, I am not an Apple Fanboy either. They have made some very powerful computers and ingenius cases though. I have built in the G5 and have a couple of G4s laying around so I thought I would work on one. I took my wifes pc micro atx case apart that I built for her back in the Core 2 Duo days and went to work. This is a simple mod I know and it won't be that detailed, but I will write about the process a bit as its been done before. This will have a few added touches as well but stay all Mac on the outside.

Here are some pics. The case has handles, screws and side panels from a Mirrored Door G4. I got the motherboard, hard disks and fan installed and am waiting for an appropriate power supply. Ill be back shortly with more pics and more detailed text. I have a day job, a business and two mods already underway, so you hopefully get where I am coming from. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. maestro0428

Here are some specs...
    Gigabyte G31M ES2L micro-atx motherboard
    Core 2 2160 OC'd to 3.2ghz
    3GB Adata Xtreme
    Wifi card

3. maestro0428

Yeah, I know, lame specs. But it is for my wife and she only does her photo storage on it. She uses her iPhone and iPad for everything. At least I overclocked it, lol.:rock: