News Apple tops Fortune admiration list

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Would be nice to keep this thread free of Freedom Fighters, Liberty Seekers and Human Rights Protestors at least until the rest have had a chance to properly discuss it ...

Apple have achieved a lot with Ipods, Ipod Touch and iPhone. Mac Mini created a very affordable media player/entry level tool. iPad while not being revolutionary will bring touch and simplicity to millions. iTunes has conquered music and podcasts.

Overall, I think they deserve it. They've achieved a lot in the last few years. They have an astonishing amount of bullion in the bank, so the next few years will see much more.

Next year I'd vote for Valve for obvious reasons.

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

So Apple - the company who maintains a draconian hold over all its systems, who have installed additional software without asking, who sue their competitors with a lawsuit so complicated that it's likely to take years just to wade through the technical gobbledygook in the patents - are to be admired?

I'm not saying that any other company is perfect, just saying that Apple aren't perhaps as perfect as some people would like to think ;)

4. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Who gives a flying f*"k?

Digi and Flibblebot like this.
  5. Alsomething

Alsomething What's a Dremel?

@leveller
    I'm surprised to see apple at the top if it's all about achievements over the last year. They haven't done anything amazing in the last year. But I would of agreed with you if it was say over the last five years.

I think Microsofts Windows 7 will push the company up the boards for next year, but like apple there hasn't been any wow factor there. I just thought, bing will also add to this over the next year.

Intel would get my vote as the range of of i7 CPUs have had amazing permorfance and low TDP output. The same goes for AMD/ATI's graphic cards. Google a close third with Chrome, and moblie ohone OS also doing very well for changing the market.

6. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

"World's Most Admired Companies" I personally hate both apple and google, go figure.

7. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

I do however love opera

8. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Ok I didn't say 5 years but I didn't say 1 either. :eyebrow:

Apple has top slot for 3 years running.

9. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

+1

10. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

+1... Ask HTC how admirable they are. You also forgot their child labor (they have a patent for that?) and other China problems. You know beat a guy who supposedly lost the prototype iPhone 3G and then 'he committed suicide out his window'.

11. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

fuk apple !

12. 2bdetermine

2bdetermine What's a Dremel?

This is laughable "World's Most Admired Companies".

Overprice products, billion cash stockpile, cheap labor or perhaps child labor etc. Get the picture!

13. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

How much advertising space did Apple pay for in Fortune magazine?
    I know from first hand that 'awards' can be bought by advertising revenue.
    MS don't need to advertise. Everyone knows their dog food.

fuk apple and fuks to the empire.

14. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Its good too see that Bit-tech readers can think of more innovative ways to swear on the forum, if you don't have anything constructive to say don't say it, but alas this is a public forum and you have to let anyone have a say be it constructive or childish.

Well said they continue to spit out some quality products, be it they maybe pricey but its down to supply and demand, people pay those prices because they want the products, us brits still pay over the odds for fuel does that stop people buying it, nope, because they want it they'll pay for it.

15. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Apple is the World's greatest marketing company. They excel in promoting themselves. The general public usually thinks they are quite innovative. Chances are Fortune's jury is just as enamoured with Apple as the general public.

Tags: Add Tags