1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Ebuyer restocking dates trustworthy?

Discussion in 'General' started by calnen, 2 Feb 2005.

1. calnen

calnen moo!!

Looking to upgrade my cpu/mobo and there's a part that Ebuyer have very cheaply, but it's sold out at the moment.. says they should have more in 5 days. Are these trustworthy, or am I better off waiting until it shows stock before ordering?

2. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

A long time ago i bought something that was out of stock with ebuyer. It never came back into stock and took me a considerable amount of time to get a refund. It may be better now but i made arule never to order ything from them if its out of stock.

3. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

All I keep hjearing from people who buy from ebuyer is, when the product is actually delievered to you, yes on time :rolleyes: then it's really good, obviously because it's got good prices.

But once you fall into a problem you will be pulling your hair out to get the problem sorted or your refund... to I wouldn't risk pre ordering or anything...

4. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

My tip with ebuyer is only ever buy stuff when it's in stock, or you'll run into problems. They'be been perfectly fine in my experience when products are in, but I had a big mess with one order when something was delayed :duh:

<A88>

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

^

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

About as trustworth as giving your phone to a chav and saying "just hold this a second while i do up my shoe lace will ya".

7. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

OMG chavs are that bad? Glad we dont have them yet.

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

lol! Brilliant metaphor, not entirely applicable to ebuyer though. They are a pain if things go wrong, but if you take care with the order you'll be fine

<A88>

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, i was merely referring to their out of stock timescales. You might as well consult star charts.

10. calnen

calnen moo!!

Fair enough, I'll wait a bit then :)

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

what were you planning on getting anyway?

<A88>

12. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

I ordered that cheap ocz premier ram from ebuyer last week, it was out of stock and I won't be charged until the new stock arrives (which is apparently tomorrow so I'll let you know how realiable their dates are)

13. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I ordered mine and it said 9 days to restock and it arrived yesterday, so if anything they were a little coservative, can't say I've had anyproblems and I'm not to worried if they tie up £45 (for 2 sticks + postage) for a week or two anyway as I won't see that money go untill the credit card bill arrives so I'd say go for it.... if it was £500 it'd be a different matter ....

14. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I agree with that, ebuyer are so unspecific.

15. demonevs

demonevs What's a Dremel?

they are terrible to be honest

16. calnen

calnen moo!!

It was a winchester 300+ - they've got them for 95 which is the cheapest I've seen them.

Ordered from OCUK last night in the end. (6 quid more, but they've shipped it already apparently so can't complain :))

edit - just looked again and the price has now gone up anyway! They're 99.99 now, and still aren't in stock.

17. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

18. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

w0000t thats a releif. Thought for a second they might not screw up.

19. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

My experience of ebuyer is that an out of stock item I ordered came back into stock in about 10 days but I suppose it depends on what has been ordered