1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. Dannyman191

Dannyman191 What's a Dremel?

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I almost cried with joy after being picked up last night.

Video to come.

(Dont worry guys I wont show the new base of operations)

4. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Had my character for over 3 weeks then hacker killed everyone in the server. So gutting. Lost 50.cal and M14 gillie the whole lot. So angry.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It seems the truck at our base has been stolen :( We needed to move it anyway.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

An awesome night, meeting up with Telltale, Meadsy, Fluidic, Danny, Naphta. Convoy with a Heli and Trucks. Admin shows up I get sniped. Telltale kills a guy. And then both of them get banned.

Got it on Video!

Will post it at some point.

I feel as do the others that our killed/banners where hacking. Hence them appearing right out in the middle of nowhere like that.

Due to no sound, as I had things setup wrong (Fresh Install) No video of events will be posted. IN fact I refuse to even give up my time for scums bags.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2012
  7. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

So we found a weird ring of a heli, v3s, ural and six other vehicles. It took all night to get them to a camp at Pobeda Dam with 6 of us contributing.

Just before we head off a guy shoots Dom with a DMR/SVD as he gets out of the Ural in the treeline. The Ural then starts driving away after which I manage to shoot it with NATO round and the driver jumps out who I then kill. Turns out it's one of the admins and so everyone on the server swiftly gets banned. ****.

So again, **** you [BnP]Dave and [BnP]Cupra for blatant admin abuse and possible hacking (how could he possibly have been there way outside the map). This is the second time they've done this as they were the ones who reset the server when I shot down their heli before. I'm unbelievably pissed off right now.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Some gaming buddies of mine recently got their own server which I've been playing on with them. After getting a nice load of vehicles (upon first opening it didn't have any regulars yet... free run of the place) a hacker came by and teleported everything on the server onto an island and blew it all up (including vehicles that other players had found) so they reset the server. A week later the owners/admins go to their camp and everything is missing so they did some investigating and came to the conclusion it was the hacker again so they reset. After coming back up a note was on the map saying "admin abuse at its finest". Turns out their camp was actually robbed and it was just coincidences that made it seem like the hacker. Needless to say they felt awful.

Those guys don't seem to be the same case, but thought it'd be worth sharing anyway. DayZ adminning seems like a tough job with all the rotten ones out there.

9. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Looks like there's the odd other report about admin abuse on "BNP Just Keep Sprinting" floating about - I should really get my DayZ updated and start having a play, just to mess with those server admins, record every last second in glorious 720p and then post it on the DayZ forums to see if their listing is revoked.

10. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

I loved Dayz at first but now it seems to be dying out there is no updates

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Being an admin on a server is a tough job - we can trap scripts being run (which is getting easier thanks to the efforts of $able at Battleye) but then you have to try and work out whether that script is valid or not as the mission itself and BI's own code runs scripts too. On DayZ it should be slightly easier as both $able and Dwarden (from BI) regularly update the list of nepharious scripts.

If you run a server that runs different types of mission (like mine) then it's never easy to trap something after it has happened as you have to look at what scripts were run and then search the mission code to see if the mission runs it - even then it's not a 100% certain, unless you actually see the hack occur and then quickly check the logs. If like me, you're not always on your own server, doing this after the event to try and ban bad players is a bit of a laborious job.

Having said that, the increase in script-runners since the boom of DayZ have made admins a bit more trigger-happy than they were previously - this is understandable to a degree as a lot of the server owners/admins are new to this.

I would say give them the benefit of the doubt as it's not always an easy job!

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

This is the same guys that reset the server aafter Telltale shot them in a Huey.

And we had driven out of the way. We where really far North. Off the road and away from Zombie Spawns.

Only way to have gotten to us would be in a vehicle or teleport.

And as soon as Telltale kills my killer or his friend he gets banned.

In fact every player was kicked.

If one of us had used a script, why do it so obviously.

I guess we are going vehicle hunting again. Oh and the vehicles had been spawned all near each other.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2012
  13. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

14. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

DayZ needs more updates and fast!!!

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

To sum up this evening. Run from near Electro towards Stary. Get shot. Repsawn get back to same area on a different server.

Sniper missed me. I log out, continue on a night server with only a compass. Get lost in day light on the server I wants to be on. Meet Telltale and get fully kittted up again.

I was trying to reach a tent I know has almost everything I need. But simply couldn't find it.

Video coming tomorrow.

16. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Whats the server preferred by Bit-techers? Or just join mumble and agree which one to join?

17. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

The latter, just hop on mumble and see what everyone's up to.

18. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Or, tell Arma to go **** itself and get the hell back on BF3!

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I promise to join you in some BF3 tonight at least for a little bit.

20. *Alex*

*Alex* What's a Dremel?

ive started to play on a private hive which has proven to be alot more fun =]