1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by monkeytennis, 14 Sep 2009.

1. monkeytennis

monkeytennis What's a Dremel?

I have just purchased this game and it looks awsome. However, I have not got a decent gaming mouse or keyboard yet. Will a decent mouse allow me to move with that as apposed to the keyboard? Or can a game pad be used? Thanks for any input:D

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I dont think a keyboard/mouse combo can be beaten for this type of game. Invest in a decent keyboard and mouse, you wont regret it. I have a G15v2 and G5 and the difference compared to a standard keyboard and mouse is astonishing.

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

you won't need a very sensetive mouse but extra buttons will be good.

4. cr4zyl3gs

cr4zyl3gs What's a Dremel?

keyboard isent so important but a mouse is a must!

5. monkeytennis

Cheers guys. I have been looking at the G15 and either the G5 or G9, not decided yet but may go for the 5 as its cheaper. I've only had a quick go to check out my graphics card and my mouse isnt quite up to the job.

Also, is this game buggy and need patching?

6. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

You will probably have to update to 1.03 if you want to play online (which is awesome). Yeah, it's fairly buggy but i haven't come across anything too bad yet, just minor bugs.

7. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Arma 2 deserves a trackir 5 unit. :thumb:

8. monkeytennis

I will look at the trackir as I have seen it mentioned but don't know much about it.

As for the game, I will not play it online just yet. Not untill I have got the hang of it anyway.

9. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Have fun with Arma II.

A decent gamepad might actually be better. Moving around with standard controls is a complete b**ch. I understand it's supposed to be a "simulation" and all, but does it really have to turn simple movement into a complex simulation? IMO, it's more complicated than it should be. Otherwise it's not bad. For a simulation.

The AI is awful and the interaction is somewhat unclear. It's not meant to be a game, really, so please take that into account.

10. monkeytennis

I found moving with the keyboard akward so hopefully a decent mouse will take care of that. If not, maybe a gamepad as that is what I'm used to with the PS3. Feels more natural to have both hands together and using thumbs rather than fingers. But hey, I can get used to it if I need to.

11. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

Gamepads are pretty good for games like this IMO - I've got one of the Belkin Nostromo things which takes a bit of getting used to but is a cracking bit of kit when it's set up how you want it.

12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

a decent mouse won't take care of the kerky movement with the keyboard.

unless you get a three dimensional mouse, as in it moves in 3 dimensions.

You've still got to use a keyboard for main mvoement, forwards/backwards/strafe etc.