1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Asda video games returns

Discussion in 'General' started by Matticus, 18 Feb 2013.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

I bought GT5 for the PS3 from Asda yesterday, but I didn't end up using it as a friend of mine said I could have their spare copy from a bundle when they replaced a dead PS3. My copy is still in the wrapping and is completely untouched, so I was just going to return it.

The only problem is I cannot for the life of me find the receipt for GT5, my girlfriend and I bought a bunch of stuff yesterday and I have looked through all the bags etc, I just cannot find it. I called the store this morning and they said without a receipt I couldn't return or exchange it.

I read here under the entertainment items section that I would need receipt or proof of purchase (I paid cash :duh:), but above that it states

So is that superseded by the section specifically for entertainment items, or should I just go in store and see if I can just get a gift card or just get another game/item for the same value? The alternative is to sell the game or trade it in, but that would net me very little.

Any ideas or suggestions?

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Does it show up on your online banking yet?

3. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

If you paid cash, I'd print out the section of the website and go into store asking for clarification as the website is clear as mud. Does it have any asda security tab (the door alarm things) on it?

Hope you drop on a bit of luck and find the receipt :)

4. Matticus

Matticus ...

Unfortunately I paid cash. Had money left over from nights out/meals etc over the past few weeks so though I would get rid. Never imagined it would be a problem, games very rarely don't work, I didn't think I would get given the same game and I would have had the receipt anyway... bummer.

I will give that a try I think. There are no tags or stickers on the case, I am not sure if they use anything like game does, it is the first time I have bought console games in years. I also asked for the game at the counter because I couldn't see it on the shelves, maybe if I can find the person who sold me it they will remember me and take pity :)

Oh yes and I have put a complete block to rubbish leaving until I have found the receipt or resolved the situation :hehe:

Last edited: 18 Feb 2013
  5. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

I'd be amazed if they did, otherwise people would be returning loads of generic things there for gift cards. It wouldn't happen at my place of work anyway. If you paid card and had proof, maybe but cash super super unlikely.

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

They will have stock records and would know what was sold and when, so go in there with that print off that was mentioned and stand ya ground. Tell em to check their cctv, even if it means having to wait a week. It is that or fleebay it.

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I work for one of the other leading supermarket chains, and we have the ability to re-print a receipt for any transaction within the last few days. Might be different for Asda's, but worth enquiring whether they can do the same if you know at what till it was purchased and/or roughly what time.