1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ask.com to offer private searches

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 23 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. RTT

RTT #parp

All 4 of their users must be very happy :D

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Are they all paedophiles or terrorists? Or just want to search for gotse at work?

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I'm afraid the company gateway would have compensated for the attempted anonymity. Sorry, mate.:p

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

LOL fair enough :p Talking from experience (of seeing others)?

6. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

This has actually spurred Microsoft into announcing close to the same deal with their search data. They announced it late yesterday but I only caught a brief glimpse of it as I was heading to bed.

Here's the first link I just came upon when searching for it just now.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/23/t...8f9e76f2a185&ei=5124&partner=digg&exprod=digg

It might not be the biggest search engine out there, but they're at least garnering enough attention to press the other search companies to protect user privacy.

7. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

^^ - hopefully though the other biggies will follow suit, i don't like ask that much, in fact IMO i usually find Google is the only engine that actually returns the results you really want, MSN is terrible for that, and ask tries to do other funky things, but the actual search engine isn't good enough
    I don't know how google do it, but usually for me, the result i want is in the first 3 results, and 90% of the time the first page

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I prefered this engine when it was called 'Teoma', heh

Tags: Add Tags