1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards asking little help for modding my bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kim, 4 Feb 2020.

1. kim

kim hardware addict

Hi BT members, I hope that once again, someone will be kind enough to help me on a little detail...:grin:
    Like mentioned in the title, I am trying to mod my bios/uefi to add the NVME commands, following this wonderful guide (https://www.win-raid.com/t871f50-Gu...rt-for-all-Systems-with-an-AMI-UEFI-BIOS.html).
    My question is simple, if anyone has done that before, I am sure it's not a great deal but it turns out I am a bit confused with everything I've read the last days...:oldconfused:
    So, I downloaded the tools and a version of my bios and I was about to do the job when I noticed that the downloaded bios file had no extension file name :eyebrow: ... I precise that "hide file extentions of known type" is unticked in my explorer options, the file is just named like that:
    X79E9_4.00
    so then, the copy of the "pure" completely extracted source BIOS file cannot be done:wallbash:
    well, I said to myself, I guess there is a way to extract it with the proper tool and the proper file name extention, so I started to read about it and I noticed it was different between the brands, Asus, Gygabyte and Asrock are not similar, well, obviously, but I start to be lost here, and I read several topics on google without really finding a proper explanation about Asrock because almost everyone who is asking help about that, are only using the flash utility to replace the bios... not so popular to tweak bios finally :nono:
    any clues?
    thanks by advance, I keep searching though but, may be one of you knows :grin:

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It* should be a renamed .bin, in MMTool when you click on load image button you should be able to select all files (*.*) from the drop down files of type box.

*the original BIOS file.

kim likes this.
  3. kim

kim hardware addict

ohh,great to see a reply so fast,:clap: thank you very much Corky, ok, .bin, I thought so but I needed some kind of confirmation...:grin:, well, I also tried selecting "all files" from the type box, but of course without any "dot something" it didn't work :nono:, I'll try this tomorow, thank you again:thumb:, praise be Bit-tech forum

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It should still show the original bios file even if it doesn't have a dot something, it does when i did it anyhow.

[​IMG]

kim likes this.
  5. kim

kim hardware addict

totally working now that it has a file name extention :grin:, but sorry, I tried without dot something it doesn't show up the file in the type box without file extention name..
    [​IMG]
    thank you so much Corky, you're a precious mate :thumb: it works fine

Last edited: 5 Feb 2020
    Vault-Tec and Arboreal like this.
  6. kim

kim hardware addict

implementation of the nvme in my bios done successfully :grin:
    [​IMG]

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. kim

kim hardware addict

Well, guys, okay, I still have to flash the bios of my MB and be successful with Windows 10 installation, but even though, I have a good feeling :thumb:
    What I want to add is, this guide is a true diamond :clap: I never imagine it could be so easy just few months ago :jawdrop:, I was just...kinda bitter not to benefit of NVME SSDs on THIS computer, my main and most powerful one, "my precious" :grin:
    I want to thank Dieter alias Fernando for this amazing gift, I must send him a small donation, it's far below what he deserves, thinking what kind of upgrade he provides to old chipsets... I'm baffled, and so happy :lol:
    to be continued...

Yaka and Vault-Tec like this.