1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards ASRock 870 Extreme headache.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Siwini, 30 Dec 2011.

1. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Well maybe you guys can help me out before I start pulling off all my hair.:wallbash: My friend just finished his build and can't install LAN driver. He has no internet. Sounds simple enough right? Anyway downloading and running Realtek Ethernt Driver I get " The Realtek Network Controlled was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable". [​IMG]
    Than flashing BIOS I get -:Error BIOS is write-prtected.
    [​IMG]

2. izools

izools What's a Dremel?

The BIOS being write protected is either going to be a setting hidden somwhere in the BIOS (duh) but most likely a jumper on the motherboard - often near the CMOS battery but further away from it than the CMOS clear jumper.

Motherboard manual time for that one.

RE: Realtek drivers, you sure you've got the right ones? Might be the drivers you've got are for a slightly different LAN chip to what is on the board...?

3. tehBoris

tehBoris What's a Dremel?

You sure it's the right driver?

Is the network adapter enabled in the BIOS?

Does the adapter show up in device manager?

4. Mac_Trekkie

Mac_Trekkie Source Engine's #1 fan!

Ugh you have it worse than my ASRock 870 did. Mine rejected 2 FX-8120's before accepting an 8150. Good luck with it, man.

5. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Yes it's from manufacturing site. He has W7-64 bit. But I even went an extra mile and tried 32bit. Same thing. Same msg comes up.

Yes, it's enabled in BIOS

It does, however yellow alert sign is there too. But that's because there is no driver. Which brings me to my original problem.

6. Mac_Trekkie

If you have a USB wifi dongle, try putting that in if your friend has a wifi network. Or try a USB Ethernet adapter. It's possible that Windows is just not able to connect to his network.

7. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

I tried using my SSD with my Windows and download driver. Yah it's same old story.

8. Mac_Trekkie

You should still try a USB based option to see for sure if it's the motherboard's ethernet port or something else... something deeper..... spooooooky.