1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor AsRock Z77E Itx owners needed!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HPE1000, 5 Sep 2012.

1. HPE1000

HPE1000 What's a Dremel?

I have a asrock z77e itx motherboard and I am wondering how big of a cooler I can fit without it interfering with my motherboard. I never realized hot close the socket was to the pcie slot and I want to keep access to the slot available for a graphics card. The two heatsinks I have had my eyes on are the samuel 17 and axp140. I know both will fit but I want to know which will cause less problems. The axp140 has a bad reputation with interefearing with this motherboard because the pipes get less than a mm from the back of the graphics card, the heatsink touches a vrm heatsink, and can touch capacitors and make the board not boot unless every contact point is insolated. So what I am really interested is the samuel 17's closeness to the pcie slot, and if it will clear the vrm heatsink. I have seen someone with the samuel 17 on my board, but I could not tell if it was as close as the axp140 would be. Any other suggestions for heatsinks are appreciated although dont tell me a closed loop watercooler because I already understand that would fix the problem but I just dont want to go down that road unless I absolutely have to. Thanks people!
    p.s (We should start an AsRock Z77E Itx owners club.) :p