1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards asus P8P67 REV 3.1 fault

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by colinb100, 25 Oct 2023.

1. colinb100

colinb100 What's a Dremel?

Hi all. Bios is on latest version. Looked to upgrade i2500k to the max of i73770. Inserted new cpu, restarted and the DRAM red light comes on... I hadnt touched anything. Replaced the i2500k and same. I think its goosed though I cannot understand why this might be. Fans work, light one would expect comes on as expected... no video signal or mouse initiation.

Anyone any ideas please, before I have to go through the painful process of getting and installing a new mobo? thankyou

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

This is off the top of my head, but have you tried (if it's present) that MemOK! button? From memory (ha!) it re-jigs the RAM speeds until compatibility with CPU/other bits is achieved. I've used it before when replacing bits and it power-cycled about a dozen times or more before settling down and running fine since. Assume your BIOS is v3207+...

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I think I have one of these you can have for postage but I won’t be with it for 2 weeks.

adidan likes this.
  4. sonicgroove

sonicgroove Radical Atheist

IIRC, that board doesn't support the 3 series sandy bridge chips. Only the 2 series. I may be wrong but I'm sure someone will put me right if i am.

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

The CPU support list shows that it does support 3 series Sandy Bridge.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/p8p67 (rev 3.1)/helpdesk_cpu/