1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Sep 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I'm confused, your SSD read and write numbers shouldn't be capable on PCIe Gen 3, should max out at 3.5Gb or have I missed something where b450 has pcie4?

Some retailers like cclonline offer a bios flash service for free if you buy cpu and board from them.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Can't speak for the test setup, but a bunch of motherboard makers rolled out BIOS updates that added PCIe Gen. 4 support to older motherboards - mine was among 'em - when you had a 3000-series CPU installed. Then AMD leaned on 'em to take it away again, otherwise nobody'd buy the stupid-price X570 boards. Err, I mean, for... reliability reasons. Yeah, that.

For the TUF B450M-Plus Gaming in the review, support was removed in BIOS 1814 released on the 9th of the month. If you already installed one of the BIOSes that has PCIe 4.0 support and you don't upgrade to 1814, you're golden.

upload_2019-9-24_15-13-36.png

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Interesting, not that it matters a great deal, its fast even at PCIe 3.0, just saw that the numbers matched the 570 gen 4 and much more than what 3 can do.

Manufacturer says otherwise, no doubt due to what Gareth mentions above.

5. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Good spot, folks. Seems we did indeed test with an earlier BIOS but based the specs/discussion on the latest info from the website. Apologies for not catching it. I've updated the article in the relevant places and reached out to ASUS for clarification on why the change was made and if Gen 4.0 support is planned for a future BIOS revision.

Tags: Add Tags