1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Warranty Questions

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by lancer778544, 9 Mar 2014.

1. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Hey Asus,

I have a ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 here that is starting to artifact and causing the whole PC to crash occasionally. I wanted to know if your warranty is based on the card's serial number or the original purchaser? The card was bought from Amazon in September 2012 so if it is still covered (3 years I believe), would I have to RMA it with you or Amazon? I am the card's second owner.

Cheers!

2. ASUS|Mr_Orange

ASUS|Mr_Orange What's a Dremel?

Hi there,

You would have to return the graphics card to the (r)etailer from which it was purchased, this is for the full duration of the warranty.

3. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Thanks for letting me know :)

4. BaronVonDuncs

BaronVonDuncs What's a Dremel?

Is this still the situation?

I ask because I recently put my Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card up on Ebay and I wasn't able to confirm if it would still be under warranty even though it was only purchased new from Overclockers UK in Feb 2015. I messaged OCUK but they told me that they don't honour warranties for anyone but the original purchaser. If Asus insist you go through the original retailer but the retailer won't honour the warranty for a third party then is there anyway in these circumstances to go direct to Asus UK based on the products serial number? or does this mean a 2 month old item basically loses its supposed 3 year warranty if its sold on to another person by the original purchaser? That seems a bit unfair.

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

ASUS unfortunately don't allow it to happen in this country. You used to be able to pay £30 and you could RMA anything you'd like, providing it was in warranty, but that service stopped in 2009 or 2010. I guess the amount of people buying broken goods and sending them off for RMA was killing them, so they cut the program. You can't blame them really.

It's not unfair in a law aspect. The contract is between the original purchaser and the retailer, not the next person in line. It's just the way it is, and it's perfectly legal from what I can gather.

6. Jim - ASUS

Jim - ASUS What's a Dremel?

For the vast majority of our products the warranties are handled by the retailer directly, so no - we don't have a direct warranty system unless otherwise stated. As indicated, the warranty is with the buyer rather than the item.

7. elise_s1

elise_s1 What's a Dremel?

that applies if the issue is related only to the specific unit.
    I bought a GT730 card with an obvious design flaw (see other thread) and the fact Asus is asking to deal with the seller instead of solving the issue is rather annoying.

8. BaronVonDuncs

BaronVonDuncs What's a Dremel?

Its not a universal approach though. EVGA allow their warranties to transfer to other persons after the original buyer. Lenovo attach the warranty to their laptop by the serial number so they also allow transfers. These are just two off the top of my head.

If a company has faith in its products then in my view the warranty should follow the product not the original buyer.