1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus Z87 Deluxe NFC thingibob question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seapanda, 9 Jan 2014.

1. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

The lozenge that ships with the mobo is supposed to allow you to log on with the supplied NFC tag. I can't get it to work at all. I can use the AI Suite to write the tag using the device with my user ID & password (since it's confirmed when I put the tag on the thing it is clearly working), but when I pop the tag on the thing during logon it does nothing, nooothing.

I even tried clicking on the 'NFC Login' tile that comes up in Windows 8 logon screen (so I know that the drivers are definitely installed) while leaving the tag on the device, then alternatively popping the tag on while clicking the tile, and still nothing.

As for using it through an Android app that Asus provides, well you have to launch the app to log on, which is crap... it'd be definitely quicker to type the login password or passcode than to unlock the phone, swipe around to find the app, launch it, tap for Windows 8 logon and then slap it on the device.

Anyone else have one of these and got it to work?

Also as a more general question, has anyone actually found a use for NFC in Windows 8? All of my Windows tablets, notebooks and handsets have it, but I've yet to find anything useful I can do with it.

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I use NFC to pair my headphones to and from my tablet/phone/pc. Its nice and easy.

3. seapanda

seapanda moobs r us

Not much call for that with my PC phones lol
    [​IMG]