1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics ATI Drivers + HDTV problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vash-HT, 9 Feb 2007.

1. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I have been looking into buying a 1080p 37" LCD for a while now, and after using my PC with my friends 37" Sceptre we noticed a wierd problem. The Sceptre only has no DVI in, so I was using a DVI to HDMI converter, and at this setting the screen would not fill up the whole LCD. There is a black line around the edge of the screen about an inch thick. This line is not there when using a VGA cable. After some digging I found that the video drivers were the culprit of this problem. Somewhere along the lines ATI screwed up, because catalyst 6.5 displays the screen fully, and 6.6 and above have the black line around the picture. I was wondering if anyone knows any work-arounds or fixes for this problem, or if anyone has had better luck with a different brand of LCD.

2. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Is there any problem with installing 6.5 instead of 6.6? Or using Omega drivers?

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Have you tried the 7.1?

4. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I have tried 7.1, 6.6 and 6.10. All of these were only able to display the screen with the black bar around it. As soon as I put on 6.5, it booted into windows and the screen was full. I haven't tried any omega drivers yet, so I'll probably look into that. It seems to me like ATI did something from 6.5>6.6, and hasn't bothered to fix it yet, which is pretty annoying. I've actually ordered a different LCD than the one that was having the problems, so I'll find out soon if its a problem with all TVs or jsut the Sceptre one I tried it on.

BTW, I have a X1900XTX, but I have read of people having this problem on low and mid range cards too.

Tags: