1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics ATI TV tuner problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DoubleSidedTape, 28 Apr 2004.

1. DoubleSidedTape

DoubleSidedTape What's a Dremel?

I have had my ati tv wonder ve for almost a year now, and a while ago, it stopped working. Now whennever i try to open the tv, it says,
    [​IMG]

i have all the dirvers and directx 9 installed, but when i do the tests, it ssays i do not have direct x or the capture driver inf files.

2. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

download a copy of knoppix, load it, and try the card with XAW TV. i know xaw supports that card as ive used it with my spare tv wonder when i got my happauge tv card. You may have to tweak some things, in my case xaw configured it as PAL instead of NTSC, but thats linux for ya.

3. DoubleSidedTape

but if i use that, will i still be able to watch tv without switching out of wnidows?

4. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

i just mean do that as a means of testing the card out. unless you have another rig laying around you can try it in, or another hard drive you can install windows onto for testing it out

5. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Try reinstalling the drivers. That worked for me when I had the same problem.

6. DoubleSidedTape

I know that the card works--a guy at my dads office tested it, and ive reinstalled windows twice since it stopped working.

I have reinstalled the drivers also several times with diffferent versions of mmc.

where do i get the inf driver files, are those the ones on the cd- i no theres different things to download, what should i do, also, theres nothing in device manager for the card.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2004
  7. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

i would go to ati.com and download new drivers and try installing those. but if there isn't anything in device manager (are you sure its not just installed with default drivers, or that its not showing up as a pci video device or something?) and it doesn't fix the problem when you reinstall windows the card sounds pretty shot to me.

8. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Had this exact problem with my AIW8500DV...

Read the readme and it said:
    TV PLAYER FAILED TO INITIALIZE VIDEO, running ATI MULTIMEDIA CENTER

Some ATI display drivers will not recognize or function with the software contained in tv-capture-wdm-6-14-10-6238.exe. If you experience problems with your TV or Capture application be sure to install the Recommended ATI Display driver (ati.com).

If problems continue and you are using the Recommended ATI Display driver open DEVICE MANAGER >> Sound, Video and game controller to ensure that all ATI WDM components (Listed below) are present and functioning properly. The properties for each device MUST state that "This device is working properly"

ATI Specialized PCD WDM VBI Codec
    ATI WDM Rage Theater Audio
    ATI WDM Rage Theater Video
    ATI WDM TV Audio Crossbar
    ATI WDM TV Tuner
    Specialized MVD WDM VBI Codec

If any device is not working properly,
    - Select and remove all of the ATI components shown under Sound, Video and game controller
    - Close DEVICE MANAGER
    - DO NOT restart the system
    - install tv-capture-wdm-6-14-10-6238.exe
    - Restart the system

Worked for me :)

9. Mr. Red

Mr. Red Minimodder

You should also check to make sure that no other video application has taken control. For example, if you leave Kazaa running after playin a video in its theater, you can get the same error message as you have discribed.

10. DoubleSidedTape

where would i find
    tv-capture-wdm-6-14-10-6238.exe

none of those things are in the device manager, but i have installd the things severaltimes, removing the old ones between them

11. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

it's on the ATI drivers site! :search:

Tags: