1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows ATi Won't Fill TV Screen With DX10 Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by paisa666, 13 Jul 2010.

1. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Hi everyone, me again here...

I've seen this issue happens with every DX10 video released to date, the problem is if you have your Rig connected to a nice TV set, DX10 videogames wont fill the whole screen, in almost all the cases there will be like a black frame 1 inch thick around the image.

Personally I see this happens with Crysis (and Crysis Warhead ofcourse), Far Cry 2, World in Conflict.

For now i can tell you how to aleast fix Crysis:

Leave any Aplication open, like notepad or word or whatever. When you start Crysis and just when you get to he Menu, Alt - tab BUT KEEP HOLDING TAB, you will see you are cicling between crysis and and the other aplication, if you release TAB then crysis will go in windowed mode, so DONT RELEASE TAB, just select crysis again in the alt - tab mini menu again, crysis will fill the whole screen.

I did the same for Far Cry 2, but as soon as i hit alt - tab the game will go in windowed mode.

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Have you tried messing with overscan settings in CCC?

3. paisa666

Overscan its working, remember this issue its present only with DX10 games, games like medieval Total War or Empire or FEAR or Brothers in arms they all work as espected, filling the screen without problems.

ONLY DX10 games.

4. WarMadMax

WarMadMax What's a Dremel?

you know most programs can be switched from windowed to full screen by pressing ALT + Enter ???

can you give that a go as well, alt+enter to go into windowed then alt+enter to return to full screen and see if that works.

5. paisa666

Nop that wouldnt work.

The problem here its not the game being executed in windowed mode, for example crysis have that option in game menu (switch from full screen to window), the poblem its full screen not filling the whole panel.

If i switch from fullscreen to window and then fullscreen again, the frame around the image will still be there.

Gonna keep trying and searching for more solutions. For now i only know how to fix crysis.

6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

sounds like such an odd problem

what resolution is your screen set at and what are you trying to play as ?

7. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

8. paisa666

MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA:rock:

Found the source of all the DX10 problems, its the Refresh rate of the Screen when playing DX10 games:wallbash:

This is what's goin on:

While im at my PC desktop, I press the "info" button on my TV remote, the info tells me that my screen is at 1920 * 1080 @60hz, now here's the trick, when i launch any DX9 or DX8 videogame, the screen keeps those settings...1920 * 1080 @60Hz...

AAAH BUT.. when i launch a DX10 game, i press the "info" button and i see that the settings change (damn you:confused:), so Crysis for example change the settings to 1920 * 1080 @24Hz (and ofc you all know this means also restricting the framrate at 24FPS), Far Cry 2 and World in Conflict changes the settings to 1920 * 1080 @50Hz.

So what i had to do was adjust the Overscan for every 1920 * 1080 posibility, solving the frame problem.

BUT NOW I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM, crysis is running at 24Hz, why oh why... lets keep looking.

9. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

why is your TV wanting to display at 24hz when you load a DX10 game sounds like a TV design fault

can you force a custom res for 1920x1080@60hz ?

10. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

Seems an odd problem, when I link my PC upto the TV with either DVI or HDMI on my HD4850 I have no problems with DX10 or DX9 games.

11. paisa666

solved all the problems.

BTW as i said, it was only crysis lauching at 24Hz and only when lauched in DX10 mode, wich implies that the TV has no problem at all.

What I do now its the trick i said before, Alt + Tab but keeping alt pressed, this way Crysis keeps its fullscreen configuration and the screen itself its now at 60Hz.

Hope this helps lots of ppl who i know are having this same problem!!