A/V Audio and Xbox one

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by suragh, 7 May 2015.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've came on this forum and, I know you geniuses will be able to help me! :thumb: :D

I've ran into an issue. I've purchased an XBONE and I need to hook up my speakers to them. I'm running a HDMI/DVI lead from console in to my U2412M. (No HDMI - I would use my TV but it's broken :( ) I will be using my Creative T40's.

Now, I thought it would be as simple as plugging a 3.5mm cable in but, this produces a horrible buzz, from the rear and front port on the speaker (Tried couple of other cables to confirm this was definitely the case).

The second method was to try an SPDIF to 3.5mm cable instead, but this didn't make a difference, I cannot hear anything.

I'm lost now, do I need to buy a special converter? Fixing or buying a new TV would be ideal but circumstances right now I can't (prefer to buy a new one in the future anyways :p ) I would like to know if somebody can point me in the right direction.

Cheers!

Louis

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

This DAC (the 2.1 CH & 3.5mm audio output version if it isn't selected) would probably be your best bet. Hook it up to the Optical out and a USB port on the back of the XBox and hook the T40s up to that.

suragh likes this.