1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Audio stutters in a loop on application crash

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by mattyh1995, 15 Oct 2012.

1. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

As the title says, the audio coming from an application will stutter in a very short loop.

It only happens when I get the CTD message saying "... has encountered an error blah blah blah".

Only recent changes I've made to my system are a new case, no software changes.

I have an ASUS Xonar DX sound card and I'm using a home theater system for the speakers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting sick of rebooting my PC every time a game crashes on me (namely Hearts of Iron III) to stop that annoying sound :wallbash:

2. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

This is an issue with the horrible stock drivers for the Xonar cards. I used to get it when Oblivion would crash (because of the Xonar EAX emulation thing).

Switching to brainbit's unified Xonar drivers fixed the issue for me. They're generally better than the stock drivers in every other way, too.

http://brainbit.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

mattyh1995 likes this.
  3. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

I'll give them a whirl, thanks :)

Edit; Them drivers seemed to have fixed the game crash too :D It doesn't crash on load anymore :D

Last edited: 15 Oct 2012
  4. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Anyone any idea if you can restart the unified drivers easily somehow i have same problem as op but when crashed is caused by other issues.