Modding Auravision EluminX Slim-Series Aquamarine Illuminated Keyboard

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Hyjnx, 16 Sep 2003.

1. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

i was wonderin the ease of chaning the lights in this keyboard..maybe if anyone had it or a clear key'd or clear keyboard that i could easily change the leds to...i like the look of this one but i dont like the colors...and i wanted to change them...any ideas anyone?

http://store6.yimg.com/I/svcompucycle_1757_383718

please host your own images, regardless of whether or not its hosted by a large corporation, you're still stealing bandwidth

cderalow

2. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

You're SOL, as the Eluminix is EL lit, not LED lit. If it were LEDs, the light wouldn't be as uniform and the power draw would be horrendous.

3. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

DAMN :( oh well...what about clear keyboards kinda like Zap Wizards for his Lan PC...something like that...infact....i might just use the same one as him...i liked the effect his got with the tubes underneith and in the keys...

what about wiring a keyboard so that each key that is hit that key lights up...i know it would be alot of wiring and alot of LEDs...but it would be such a phat thing to do...anyone considered this? or know of an accual board that does it...kinda like light up piano keys...

4. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

5. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

yes, and its proving damned difficult tho lol :hehe:

6. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

hah ya im reading it now and it seems like a bitch...what about each key being an on and off switch...i mean someone go out and buy the Casio Digital Piano w/ song assist...and see how those light up...then bring it back for a keyboard...

7. malcs

working out the circuit aint the problem its we want them to fade away after you press to turn them on and that is the HARD bit... involves a bit of magic trickery with capacitors... oh dear oh dear.. also design is fun :d

8. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

so you can get them to go on and off but no fade? what about like a .03 delay of power so it lights up after u push the key...as far as makin it staying on for alil fade i dunno...im not totally sure bout circutry or id know how to help u...

9. malcs

lucky me zap and bard are then :)

10. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

this is true...i wanna go take a part of keyboard and see what i can dooo...

11. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

you could buy some diff colored EL sheet, but you're looking at like $350 worth of EL to do that.

ps.

Get your own bandwidth!