1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks AutoChk not found when 10/100 plugged in

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by theflinger, 22 May 2004.

1. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

I got the message AutoChk not found, skipping, and then it reboots, right after the windows loading screen. I searched and found that this means that the partition is hidden (if it continues to boot it is a hotfix problem). So I check and the partition is not hidden. I keep trying things until I find that if I leave the 10/100 unplugged until windows is done booting it will work. I can then plug it in and get on the internet.

This started happening after I tried using the network setup wizard to add this computer to my LAN. It said may take a few minutes, I left it on all night, when I came in the next morning the gfx wasnt sending a signal to the monitor. Only way to fix this was to reset BIOS to default settings. When I did that the autochk messages started happening. I tried to do the network thing AGAIN and the same thing happenend, it wouldnt apply the settings, I hard rebooted and gfx not sending signal, etc.

Asus A7n8X deluxe, AMD Barton 2800, windows XP professional, anything else you need let me know.

thanks

2. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

I had the same thing (I think) happen to me once. When I would plug in the cat-5 the little winxp bubble thing would pop up and the comp would reset.

It made me mad because I couldn't fix it, and that mean't I couldnt goto lan parties, so I just formatted and re-installed. It worked then :D .

3. coorz

coorz Miffed

So was it the hotfix problem? According to the last post of this thread here it should be the hotfix problem.

4. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

no. First off I removed the hotfix anyway but more improtantly it is only the hotifx if it continues to boot aftewards...

my keyboard is lagging. ghey.

Tags: