1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

away from home and bored as h#1!

Discussion in 'General' started by scoob8000, 3 May 2005.

1. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

Well, I'm down here in Texas for two weeks for some work related training and let me tell you..

You can only play around on the internet from your hotel room before going insane..

The only cool sounding thing I've found to do is a Lan party place about an hour from here.. Looks pretty cool..

Anyone from there Dallas area, whats for a geek like me to do?

<sigh>

2. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

You're in America, find a mall and hang out like all the other kids :hehe:

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: Nice one.

Seriously though, can't you find a restaurant to eat out in? Surely in Texas they have decent beef? Go to a cinema? Go to a play? Find a video store? Buy a game? Buy some pr0n? Surf some pr0n? Get a hooker? You're in a hotel room for christ's sake.

Come on man, there's hundreds of things you could do to entertain yourself.

[edit: you can really see the thought processes of my brain going on in this post :p[/edit]

4. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

I'm not quite a kid.. :D

Yah the usual stuff, I know.. Just havn't found anything to spark my intrest per se'..

Though there is this go-kart track I may check out on the weekend.. 300HP mini-dragsters, sprint cars, and slick track racing..

5. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

oooooo... sounds awesome! I <3 Go-carts! =D

6. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I had to re-read that. I thought you said 300HP on the go-karts. Now THAT would be some serious fun :D . Mini drags sound like a hoot.

7. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

You don't need to be a kid to hang out like one :D
    You could just spend all you're time shopping in them instead, there are clothes stores in the states, you just can't get in the UK.

What are you waiting for? :confused:

8. Arthur2Sheds

Arthur2Sheds Jackson

I know what you mean. Business travel quickly loses its luster. The rooms are the same, the bars are the same, the colleagues are the same, blah blah blah. When the lady at the airline's baggage counter remembers your name but you have to re-introduce yourself to your wife every couple of weeks, you're probably on the road too much.

You're also limited in what you're able to do by when you get off work for the day, what you have left to do for the next day in the hotel room, and what the lucky co-worker who got the rental car put in his name wants to do.

I did like this pub in Denver, though.

And you know you're an extremely bored geek when you call a fellow bit-techer and ask him what's going on in the forums because you don't have cheap web access.

9. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

Try lanparty.com and see if there are any listings near you.