1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding AzTtec by dmcgrath

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 28 Mar 2012.

1. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Aww takes me back to my Warhammer days doing dry brushing!

Seriously excellent mod, the huge amount of detail really makes it stand out. More often than not you need to stand back and view of a whole mod to appreciate the skill, but I'd be happy just looking at the front of the DVD bays on this!

Edit: Although, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Balsa Foam a form of resin based plastic? I didn't think it was wood?

Last edited: 30 Mar 2012
  2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

It is indeed, and I've updated the article accordingly. Why call it balsa then? (we obviously assumed it was a form of processed balsa wood) maybe some clever person can enlighten us!

3. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

Impressive!

4. dmcgrath

dmcgrath Master of Pancakes

Quoted from the place I discovered Balsa Foam. "It was developed specifically for three-dimensional design and model making."

I imagine a relate-able name would make the foam easier to sell. It worked for me. I've used balsa wood for years, so I had no hangups about trying out balsa foam.

Tags: Add Tags