1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bad Company 2 User Names

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FuzzyOne, 7 Mar 2010.

1. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

I wonder to whom you could be referring so subtly? :lol:

I'm scared of hardcore mode - my K/D ratio is bad enough as it is!

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I agree with this statement. Having been on comms with mates I have added and vice versa we didn't get the requests etc etc. It's a real pain in the arse. Adding servers to favourites is still buggered aswell, takes as long as a full server refresh just to do that!

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Clan tag: (sic)
    Name: Weinerlicious

4. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Username: Tudou

I just bought this at the weekend, and having never played a single Battlefield game, jumped straight into the multiplayer and proceeded to get raped into the 5th dimension.

It all seems a bit chaotic but it's still fun (although everyone's ping seems to be up around 150 on UK servers, what's up with that?)

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

This game has a lot of bugs to fix before I even consider launching it again.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Nirach - Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the game, but I play two or three times a week.

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I played for a bit on the CPC server yesterday, then went and tried the ZiiP server. I think I prefer hardcore mode on this game (apart from the fact everyone seems to want to snipe), so had more fun on the ZiiP server TBH. It's just so frustrating firing a whole clip into a guy semi-auto and not killing him. The people who do well are those who can whore out the tanks and helicopters for the longest. Or are spraying everyone down with the M60. Don't get me started with how OP that thing is. Medics tend to get the highest score in the game anyway if they're reviving people, so why give them the most powerful gun in the game as well?

The Assault class has very few benefits apart from its grenade launcher, which I suspect is the only reason people run the class. People complain about noob tubes in MW2, but from what I've seen it's just as bad if not worse in BC2. Just put a couple of bullets into a guy then switch to your grenade launcher for an insta-kill so you don't have to worry about wasting any more bullets on him. I'd like to be able to see my stats, but at a guess I'd say nearly half my deaths are by 40mm grenades. And most of the other half by snipers camping on a hill or in a bush. One or two is fine, but half a team? You've got no chance winning a rush assault if you've only got half your team pushing up into their base.

I'm usually pretty good at FPSes, yet my K/D is well under 1. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the game doesn't strike me as being terribly well balanced as far as the classes and vehicles go. I suppose vehicle rape is pretty much what the Battlefield series is about, but it's just a shame I don't enjoy that aspect of it.

I just had to leave the CPC server yesterday as some guy was doing nothing but firing his Carl G at me from across the map, for several games in a row. Then another guy joined and started doing it. I get that it's a part of the game and all, but it does seem like a bit of a cheap tactic when they're supposed to be anti-tank weapons. Also, how many maps are in the rotation on the CPC server? I only seem to remember playing about 3.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2010
  8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you'll get the hang of it eventually

As frustrating as this POS game can be, I still go back to it for some inexplicable reason. I also do much better at hardcore than I do at regular but both are playable with the PP-2000 (Engineer sub machine gun)

What I like the most, by far, is to literally chase the tanks as an engineer. I totally love to destroy them with my rocket, the feeling is awesome :D. In hardcore, just get on a hill or a rooftop and shoot a rocket on the top of the tank for a 1 hit kill :D

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

oh man killing apcs give me more of a hardon.

Especially if you hear both side guns firing, huuuge target for my suicide bombing atv's.

10. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Anyone else started griefing on destroy the point missions i.e. demolishing the building the point is in when the enemy enters it? nothing like 6 tks and points for defence at the same time as losing a point.

11. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

This is indeed good fun but what is more fun is hiding in the bushes till the vehicle comes trundling along and then rush it from a blind-spot throw a few C4 on it, leg it and press the BOOM BUTTON.

Now THAT feels great. :) Even better if you can run straight at them in the open and do the same thing, I always try to see what I can get away with.

12. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I think a lot of people fret too much about their KDR... I've not stumbled across anyone with a KDR much greater than 1, and most are in the 0.5 - 1 range. Clearly *some* people must be racking up the kills, but I'm suspecting that they are vehicle whores or long-range snipers -I suspect you will find the median and mode KDRs are probably less than 1...

Besides, your worth to your team is far greater than the number of people you kill. I've already had games where I got distracted while racking up decent sniper scores, only to find my team losing the game.

I'm a decent enough player (though the faster pace of this game suits me less than say BF2), but my KDR after around 15hrs is just over 0.8, though it is slowly nudging up a little. My BF2 KDR after 250hrs was > 1.75 IIRC.

Unlike BF2 at times, I pleased to say that I haven't seen much in the way of TKs to get vehicles or guys queuing at the base waiting for vehicles. Most people grab a vehicle if available, or they'll just run along on foot.

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I don't play for the KDR, it's not MW2. I play for the objective and team work. Get people using comms and the games changes completely!

Somehow managed to hold onto a positive KDR anyway (1.39 I think), but this is because I work with my team!

With the 40mm, I actually tend to use it as an insta-door tool really. Too lazy to run around the side :D

I'll snipe on defence on Rush, but that's about it, or else I will counter snipe for a brief period to help turn the tide.

Since getting all my unlocks, I feel more free in how I play. I'm still trying to rank up all my guns to a minimum of gold star 1, all of assault is done, just finished the M60, 3 done for engineer and 3 done for Recon. Nade GS 2, knife GS 2, etc etc.

If ever you're on the ZiiP server, please do feel free to join us on TS.

14. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

[QUOTE='[ZiiP] Get people using comms and the games changes completely![/QUOTE]

I completely agree, but I swear to god that I haven't heard a human voice in the game yet, and very little text chatter - perhaps a few 'gg's at the end... It's quite spooky.

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

HEHEHE, join us and prepare for an earload.....nothing?... ok.

There are moments of silence as always, and the odd person who won't shut up, but generally we will communicate pretty damn well.

I hope that there would be the inclusion of a "speak to squad" button in some update.

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Actually, I don't believe there has to be anyone getting those kills. Can't really confirm this, but I don't believe kills are added to your score until the person is totally dead, but deaths are applied to the victim the moment they fall. What this would mean is that you can 'die' infinite amounts of times and always be rezzed, but no one will get any kills. If this is true it would mean that overall, adding every kill and every death ever, the overall KD of the entire game would be bellow 1. May not be true for BC2 but I certainly seem to remember other Battlefields being like this.

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

That would be a damn fine addition and much needed.

18. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Perhaps that is the case, but I imagined the opposite: You get a kill for talking a guy out, but he doesn't get a death if he is revived. So there will be more kills than deaths - which means we are all playing completely pants if we have KDRs less than 1! :D

Who cares... as long as you play the game as intended and don't start playing selfishly (to build/preserve your KDR) then all is good.

19. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I could be wrong but I think only reinforcements are refunded upon revival by a medic, not deaths.

In believing that, it frustrates the hell out of me when a medic revives me in a hopeless situation (such as an incoming tank and a bunch of enemy medics with M60s) only to die again with no hope of escape! :p

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

just did a game of 49 kills 26 deaths , 11800 points and 27 pins :hehe:

it was insane haha