1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by TaRkA DaHl, 26 Mar 2020.

1. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Well-Known Member

Got a 2080 super 2 days before lock down, it is in an old i7 2600K ITX system, have put in a new hard drive today and a fresh install of windows along with the newest drivers from nvidia.

Checked it is seated properly, doesn't even start processing the unit before saying it is faulty.

No other systems to try the card in until I get back to work, any ideas to try?

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Still having problems, or did it just get a duff WU and then got stuck queuing like all of us?

3. TaRkA DaHl

Reinstalled windows onto a new HDD, stripped down the machine and re-built, put ubuntu onto a new hard drive now and waiting for a WU but no luck with any of these so far.

Think I may need to just drive into work and grab a spare machine, no-one has been in for a week anyway so it will be fine by now. Plus 95% of the company is furloughed from 5pm today so I won't bump into anyone. Either that or use this a an excuse to build up a 2700X or 3700X system.

All the failed units so far has screwed with my QRB as my dual 580 machine is doing terrible right now.

4. TaRkA DaHl

Actually, just got the following error in Linux:

Failed to start core: OpenCL device matching slot 1 not found, try setting 'opencl-index' manually

Just changed the opencl index and updated opencl to see if that fixes the issue.

5. TaRkA DaHl

Right, just corrected the opencl thing, same old bad units as before, exact same error in linux. Going to put windows back on and try furmark and see if the card is fubar.

6. TaRkA DaHl

Holy crap, should have tried this sooner. Listen to the cap whine under full load!

In a few tests it also artifacts and throws lines along the screen, the caps screech in time with them as well.