1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bargain games!

Discussion in 'General' started by hacker 8991, 9 Apr 2004.

1. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

Since my copy of CyberStorm refuses to work (and CyberStorm2 is the gayest game ever), I went down to GameStop and hunted for the best games under $10 and rated Teen. I found two: Dune 2000 and Nox. I haven't played Dune yet, but Nox is one of the best RPGs I have played to date, even better than Diablo and Diablo II. The graphics are also great!

And the best part about this? I got BOTH games for UNDER FIVE DOLLARS (US). My lunch cost more money than that. And they come in those great big boxes.

However, there is a real point for this post. Has anyone noticed that the older games are generally more user-friendly? They ship with spawn or multiplayer CDs, have charts for all the key mappings, have nice big manuals that explain everything, and come in those great huge boxes :D

Why have games gotten so impersonal? The intro video to Nox was the funniest thing I have seen / heard in a video game... ever. (Note: I have not played the Monkey Island series because it is never in the bargain bin!)

The whole LAN thing peeves me to. A few weeks ago, I went and bought C&C: Generals for $30, only to get home and realize that you cannot play on LAN, I repeat, LAN, without seperate copies. That is HORRIBLE!

Spawn / MP CDs need to be included in games again.

btw: has anyone noticed that WW (WestWood) is the greatest game developer of all time? Their RPG (Nox) is awesome, they have the BEST RTS series, and... I think that's it.

Thanks for listening </rant>

sGompers