1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Batman: Arkham Asylum PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Sep 2009.

1. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Did that, but checking the fraps display on my G15 it stays in DX9 - there isn't a DX10 renderer included.

2. chrisdj

chrisdj What's a Dremel?

 To enjoy PhysX GPU acceleration on Windows 7 all add-in graphics cards have to feature NVIDIA GPUs. Mixed Vendor graphics will result in all the PhysX simulation being performed in software on the CPU and performance will be not optimized and in some cases too slow for playability.

Hmmm, am enjoying the game immensely on my ATI 4870X2, and looked at getting a 9800GT for PhysX duty....

meh... maybe not so much now

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

just beat this last night (stayed up till 1am).. amazing game- I was interested in collecting all the tapes just to hear the last one for each character :)

they did a awesome job- lot of love put into it.. the physx thing is such a gimmick though- it can probably be done with cpu if they used havoc and dx10 effects.. not complaining really the extra eye candy was really nice but nvidia has to stick it to ati users- it's just lame imo, when dx11 is out they are going to regret sticking it to paying cutomers, how hard is it to make your gimmick work with a secondary nvidia card..

I was considering running this 260 for physx with ati's new card this christmas.. but since this is the way things are going to be played- hocking it, think alot of people are in the same boat- physx time has ended and thankfully

4. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

ATI/AMD could have had Physx, it was offered
    Clicky

5. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

I find the gameplay to be too aconsolated for my taste.

Anyway, besides GFWL, the game also comes with Securom.
    A DVD check in the retail version and a 4 activations limit per month in the digital version.

So, if anyone buys it from Steam, has to deal with Steam DRM and GFWL DRM and Securom DRM. Of course, freeloaders dont have to bother with any of those because they have found a better release, free and DRMless.

6. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

It may come with Securom, but it also comes with a revoke tool. The hooky versions don't work clicky

The scum may have fixed it now, but even so, I want the games to keep coming and the pirates are not helping.

7. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Why.....why haven't ATI/AMD stepped up and done something about this?

8. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Much nose-biting and face-spiting springs to mind.

9. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Nearly completed it now, main story is done, got some more riddles and tapes to find. Scarecrow sections have been the best so far. I love the nods to all the other batman villians, so far I've seen referances to:

Catwoman, Penguin, Great white shark, Clayface, Ra's Al Ghul, Freeze, Two-face, Hush, tweedledum + tweedledee, Humpty Dumpty, calander man, clock king, scarface/ventriloquist, mad hatter, firefly. Possibly some more i've missed.

Also, challenge mode is addictive. Still not beaten some of the extreme "beat the crap out of everything" parts (all those knife wielding combo breakers can die in hellfire)

10. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

anybody up for a free copy of batman? first one to pm me the decrypted text shall receive a nvidia/steam-download-code for the game (i got two - lucky me). here comes the encrypted text:

Code:
    funz rbal 
    bhsb ehfv 
    atgu vfpe 
    nccl pbqr

11. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

THIRTEEN hours later and nobody even tried?

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I was going to so I could have a copy for home, but I figured that I was too lazy and it would also be greedy.

13. Hg

Hg The game known as life

sent a PM :p

14. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

And we have a winner. have fun Hg80 :)

15. Hg

woot thanks alecamused :thumb:
    Do you think we should share the code with the others and let them know how it was deciphered?

16. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

You mean like explain the whole cryptanalysis and math stuff behind it? Or just post the link to the quantum computer decryption tool? :)

17. Hg

well the encryption used was the Caesar cipher, and as i didnt want to run through all the 25 possibilities i just used http://www.richkni.co.uk/php/crypta/caesar.php to save me a bit of time, and let it work them all out for me, then it was a case of just running down the list till i found somthing with looked like it made sense

shifting the letters by 13 will give you
    Code:
    SHAM EONY OUFO RUSI NGT H ISC R AP PY CO DE
    which in turn spells
    Code:
    SHAME ON YOU FOR USING THIS CRAPPY CODE
    simples!

18. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

Batman couldn't have done it any better... :thumb:

19. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

I have the demo running fine in Win7 with 4870 rendering and a 8800GTS-320 doing the PhysX quite nicely.

Why Nvidia sot themselves in the foot by locking out ATi users from buying a Nv card for PhysX is beyond me.

ATi cannot "emulate" PhysX, since it would not be in Nvidia's interest to have it faster on ATi hardware, so it never would be. It would be unoptimised crap, like what we get now when we have to use the CPU for PhysX....

The game looks really good, but gameplay looks very console, and very linear.

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

A bit late, but I've finally got and finished this. Awesome game.

Has anyone else noticed that Harley has a bit of boob wobble going on? It's quite hypnotic, I wonder if it's PhysX accelerated..? :p

Tags: Add Tags