1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. loftie

loftie Multimodder

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That's what I predicted when EA killed Medal of Honor, given the speed of the intended expansion releases, I'm sticking with that. Or it's going to run in with a BF/Battlefront alternating cycle.

If they run a second set of expansions not in Premium they just won't get bought, with Borderlands 2 I ended up reading about the Season Pass crap and deciding to just play something else instead, leaving Gearbox with nothing (from me at least). I've already bought BF4 as far as I'm concerned, no more money for BF games until 2015 at the earliest.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

So someone remind me, in BF3 if a server ran one of the DLCs that you didn't own, but was on a map you did - say caspian - could you join the server and play? And then get kicked off when a map you didn't own came on.

4. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I've been voting up Kim Jong for a few years because I want to buy an apartment there.

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yep :thumb:

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Yea it seems like you cant do that in bf4...

7. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Ok I lie. The update+ati beta drivers seemed to improve it yesterday, but it's just as bad now.
    The most annoying thing is it was perfect during the Beta version of the game, didn't crash once :confused:

8. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Urgh I am now too blighted by crash crash crash.

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Managed instant rage tonight, i fresh spawned into the game only to find my tags being taken, i never got a chance to move and i was dead, missing my tags

Seriously?

10. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I wonder if BF is heading along the COD road. More frequent releases with less of the wow-factor.

BF3 was jaw-dropping when I first saw E3 video. BF4 seems more like a 3.1

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I see where your coming from, if they rush the DLC then it must be for a reason, i hope there not going to push for a new Battlefield 5 in November next year.

I would be tempted by a new "2142" or "BC2" title but this could be bi annual to fit alongside BF series but again i am not sure i would be happy, but on the other hand i don't actually spend a lot on games over the year so i would most likely be tempted

12. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

The Ucav and Suav are awesome.

I call them decampenators :)

13. fix-the-spade

Did you never play BF3? That was thing then too, unlucky spawns happen, chill out a bit.

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Had the reverse happen to me in a way.

Managed to flank around 2 squads and I was armed with a shotty, just as I open fire, a fresh spawn comes in and his spawn protection soaks up 6 12-gauge rounds protecting everyone there. He died with the last round, the others unloaded into me :D

Unfortunate spawns do happen, but such is life.

The one thing the need to remove to balance the game the most: Active Radar missiles for AAA.

I'm a AAA whore, but the remove any fun in using it, it's just a slaughter :/

15. fix-the-spade

Active radar needs removing from the game entirely, it's just an 'I win' button in the hands of a good player and useless hail mary in hands of a bad, in either case neither player gets anything out of it.

Speaking ofwhich, Air Superiority would be so good if it was guns only, everyone in attacks jets. As it is every round degenerates into volley fire of AR missiles, first on the trigger wins as the Stealth 30mm is so anemic.

16. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah played BF3 and never spawned to see my tags being taken, maybe lucky on my side, i have spawned and died within 5 seconds but at least i got some movement on the go not just die

I have chilled though, managed to get my own back in the next round knifing him twice :thumb:

17. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Sorry if this has already been reported.

Rumors are saying DICE may not be making BF5.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-06-pachter-criterion-making-military-shooter-possibly-2014-battlefield-game

18. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Finding a nice vantage point to cover from for someone to be spawned behind you takes some beating in the rage stakes!

19. fix-the-spade

If that's even half true, my money would be on Criterion making Bad Company 3, Bad Company 2 sold more than enough to justify a sequel, but not enough for the big budget BF3/4 treatment.

They made Black, so Criterion making Battlefield would not be a disaster to me.

If BF4 really has killed the series, then EA are spectacularly stupid, it beggars belief that they could undermine a decade of success with their blind desire to beat teh Modern Warfarez.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Personally Bad Company was bad brought me into the series. I enjoyed the single player immensely.

May play them both again because they where far better than the single player of BF3/4.

The Mothership