1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Discussion in 'General' started by SuicideNeil, 9 Nov 2012.

1. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Same that's the end to it. Seems so much better than the (IMO awful) Caprica spin-off.

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Good stuff, looking forward to a full season now !

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Can't say I didn't see that ending coming...
    I think that Coker surviving was a bit too much happy endings. I think that the story and its message (about the destructivenesd of war and the brutal sacrifices it demands) would have made much more impact if he has died. I also think that having Rebecca killed was too neat and convenient. Should have saved her for a come-back; baddies are better when morally ambiguous and understandable.

4. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I liked it and I must say while ropey in places (
    especially the giant robo-snake thing and prototype model six
    ) the CGI was most impressive.
    I really liked the earlier model centurions, they looked a lot better than the BSG versions.
    It was great to see the battlestar CIC in its heyday as opposed to the run down version we saw in BSG.

If they made a full season, I'd love to see more prototype model six -- they could do a lot with a earlier, more ruthless version of Tricia Helfer.

Syfy, y u no pick up a full season?

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Don't think they have decided either way, they were waiting on viewer figures to come through first 4 eps at 9mil total viewers. ( which is pretty good)

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Overall I enjoyed B&C and hope it gets renewed for a full season run - which should mean less CGI as they can actually then afford sets of things like Galactica's CIC which will feature in multiple episodes. Perhaps they might even cut down on the lens flare...

My only reservation is about how a season would work - would we just be following Husker the whole time, or would it be opened out to follow Galactica, with Husker simply being a main character?

As for the ending of B&C...
    I didn't mind the tidying up nature of killing Rebecca, as that meant that if there is no series there are no loose ends that can confuse canon as to her future role. Coker's survival was inevitable - Husker needs the sounding board and grounding that Coker provides, despite the fact that you won't fit the two of them in a Viper.