1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding beggining

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Luda, 11 Dec 2002.

1. Luda

Luda What's a Dremel?

hey everybody,

i am just getting into modding and i have been looking around at guides and tuts but the only ones that catch my eyes seem too hard.. ok so what im askin is: what mods should i do to learn? like make a light board, or dealing with circuit boards [preferibly inexpensive projects].. i dunno.. the only mod ive done is putting a blue LED into my optical mouse.. thanx for the suggestions :)

ooh btw.. i use a IBM thinkpad primarily but i also have a desktop that i can do mods

2. linear

linear Minimodder

Cutting a case window is the classic way to start. It leads you next into wanting to show off the interior, so straight into lighting
    FX.

Paint jobs are good too, but if it's winter where you are, then that makes it rough.

Whatever you want to take on, you won't find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, er I mean a better bunch of helpful people than around here.

3. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

Mod Moses pwns you :D

4. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

The parting of the Red... SEE!!

Oh Yeah... You can also do some more cooling type mods... A hole saw works nice to mount fans just about anywhere... Be careful though with the placement, Too much blow hole not enough suck hole and you'll be pulling dust bunnies out of your drive openings... BELEIVE ME!...

If the mods seem too hard, then you need to find some scrap sheet metal, or something and practice cutting the bageezits out of it... If you can cut a straight line or a round circle, you are better than most of us.

5. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Luda,

I was in the same situation as you a week ago but I struck upon an idea that gave me a start.

look at my thread here and you'll see how simple this is to do without risking cutting a big hole too soon.:)

6. Luda

Luda What's a Dremel?

thanx for the replies yall.. ill make sure to keep you
    updated with whatever i decide to do..
    keep rockin :rock: