1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Beginner Help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by -D-Cypher, 24 Oct 2004.

1. -D-Cypher

-D-Cypher What's a Dremel?

Hey, I am in college, and have never made a circuit or anything like it in my life. Although I am a Physics major, and very familiar with computers, and the way things work. I also have computer programming experience so I can think very logically.

I am thinking about buying a beginner's kit or two to get started.

I have never soldered, but I have watched my father solder plumbing, so again I know pretty much how it works. My question is, for electronics and circuit boards what kind of a soldering iron should I buy. Wattage, size, and extra tools needed...etc.

Thank-You

2. nleahcim

nleahcim What's a Dremel?

depends on what you're trying to do - I mean like if you are just trying to solder small little things like LEDs and whatnot then a Radioshack 15/30W iron will do you well, and will not make much of a dent in your wallet. But in the end - it all depends on what you want to do with it...

Last edited: 24 Oct 2004
  3. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

If your begining to learn electronics, you want a breadboard. Theres no need to solder anything until you have a final design.