1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"beQuiet"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ferox, 2 Feb 2004.

1. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

I love it :brrr:

does the hardware fit your needs, are you happy the way the machine works? thats what I was wondering =)

2. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

OMG That looks so awesome. :rock:

3. A ki ra

A ki ra What's a Dremel?

I can picture it... Somebody rubs their feet on the carpet and touch the heatsink... BOOM it went... Unless it's grounded. :hehe:

4. ben184

ben184 What's a Dremel?

I think it looks more like this one: http://www.mini-itx.com/store/hush-offer.asp and only $966.58 (£513) for a complete system.

BTW, the Mappit case is $1058 (£581).

Both more than the $700 ferox has spent.

Also BTW, I have a bunch of those aluminum heatsinks. I have an identical pair to the ones ferox used, plus a pair of non-anodized ones. I also have a set of much larger heatsinks: one pair black and pair non-anodized. I also have a bunch small square heatsinks

THE POINT IS.... every since I saw this project, I've wanted to do something similar. I was able to collect these heatsinks (for free) but all other parts cost money I don't have. So I wait...and wait...and wait...

5. ferox

ferox What's a Dremel?

www.cfide.co.uk I bought mine from this online store, situated in the UK.

He, he! It will be connected to a TV monitor, and if you take a close look at my remotecontroll, you will see that it has an brushed metall finish! :thumb:

It's five 5mm leds placed in holes situated around the edge of the plexi piece. Like this:
    [​IMG]

Yes it does. Only time the machine really works hard is when i'm pausing/showshifting a TV show, but it handles it.
    I also could have wished a better soundcard, but it does it's job!

Of course, it's safely grounded and the sensitive electronics is not in contact with the outer shell. Touching the case will be just like touching a normal computer! :)

Last edited: 11 Jul 2004
  6. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

OMG simply beautiful work!! I love the look! That's very nice dremel etching!

Awesome work, it inspires us all! :thumb:

DDK

7. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

very good work

it rivals zaps work. i hope someday i will grow up to be an acomplished modder like you two :D

Btw I am working on a mod myself but I am not ready to post as I dont feel its going rite on track time wise and it would just bore ppl if I take too long

Sorry for hijacking the thred ppl

8. planki

planki ...

may i ask what that wireless keyboard is and the remote? :p

nice work by the way and i love the use of the passive heatsinks on everything!

9. ferox

ferox What's a Dremel?

It's a "noname", cordless, mini, PS/2, multimedia keyboard with integrated track ball.

[​IMG]
    I bought it from ELFA, they got an englis webshop at http://www.elfa.se/en/

Here's a direct link to the product: HERE

The remote is an SRC-9310 from http://sun-wave.com/ .
    It's an total reconfigurable remote, just connect it to the PC via the USB cable, use the controll software to set up the menus as you prefer. You can also create macros that can be run at a given time. The remote got 16 different menues to switch between so the potential is big!
    This is the only remote i use right now, it has replaced all of my other remotecontrolls.

[​IMG]
    The package content.

[​IMG]
    It's BIG, but it's intended to lie on the table when operated, and if you operate it with two hands it's no BIG deal! :) -After all it's intended to replace the keyboard in most situations.

[​IMG]
    Here's a "screenshot" of one of the menus i have configured, this is the first page for the reciever.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2004
  10. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I got a sugestion for your mod. Why dont you incorportae the ir reciver inside the media pc so this way u got less cables runing out of it.

11. planki

planki ...

that remote looks quite good, what software do you use on the pc to control it? would it control something like myhtpc do you reckon?

12. SirShaw

SirShaw What's a Dremel?

Just kinda curious on where you purchased that remote. If you goto their site there isn't any kind of resellers list. link please? thanks!

13. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

I found the same thing. Did a google for it and couldnt find a retailer in the UK.

14. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

Nice work ferox!
    You make me proud to be Norwegian ;)

15. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

wow, nice work, ive wanted a case that looks like that ever since I saw the hush computers. oh, btw, which heatsinks did you get, and what are thier dimensions?

16. Redimp

Redimp What's a Dremel?

In the UK its sold as an URC1600, I can recommend
    Keene Electronics.