1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best bios for abit at7-max2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sleepyhead, 17 Apr 2005.

1. sleepyhead

sleepyhead What's a Dremel?

haloo!! :thumb:
    (well here i am, writing my first topic, so here it goes.. :naughty: )

Maybe a week ago or so i bought myself a used motherboard abit at7-max2, which gets my saliva dripping by only looking at its Integrated ata connectors, cuz there are so many of them( well actually 4, but that's a start.. :) ).

so there are many bios updates on the abit page and i offcourse picked the newest, which was a disappointment to me because it seems to me by every new update they forget the old repairings of the previous bios versions so it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to choose between them...so i'm sort of in front of dilemma now and was hoping for your help, m8's.

If anyone has any experience with this motherboard, it's bios update and so on, please post in here...i would really apreciate your help :clap:

well there's also a problem with the agp speed... by looking at reviews it seems, it should be 8x capable but i can only choose between 2x/4x . any suggestions/bios updates or whatever helpful would be :rock: !!!

aww an then there'sthis cooling issue i have...do you have anything to suggest to put on my Athlon XP 2700+ so it would remain as cold as possible...offcourse the cooler should be not very expensive one (as prometheia :D ) but if u have that also for very cheap money...i would hear your proposition...

ok...i guess all for now... :naughty:

have a veeeryyyyy nice day :thumb:

2. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

I used to have that board and just used the latest official bios with no problems. Never had any problems with AGP speed (is that with the latest bios?). What other problems are you getting? Only problem I ever had was temp sensors did read high compared to other boards (with any bios). Seemed to read ~10'C higher than a dfi or nf7 with same cpu and cooler. Thermalright make some decent coolers, but most aren't cheap. You might be able to find an older model at a good price.

3. sleepyhead

welll...one problemwith the last bios is that it doesn't like fsb 333somewhy... :S
    but someprevious version did...(too bad i didn't write it up) :D

4. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

There was a problem with running ram at ddr400 with 166 (333) fsb or something like that iirc. Try setting ram manually to ddr333 rather than ddr400. Shouldn't be a noticable performance difference between the 2 anyway as ddr333 would be in sync with the fsb, anything higher makes little difference.

5. sleepyhead

do you happen to have an idea of how is it fixable....or it's the problem that cannot be undone? :idea:

6. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

7. sleepyhead

great thanks :D