1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Best cheap inkjet printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hop, 3 Dec 2009.

1. hop

hop What's a Dremel?

As the title says, looking for best value for money, including thinking about price of ink refills. I was going to get a canon ip2600 but I think they might be discontinued.

Not looking to print lots of photos, just occasional use printing documents or maps etc.

Looking to spend £30-£50 (nearer £30).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2009
  2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

You realise that printers at that end of the market are essentially "use and discard" printers, because it's cheaper to buy a new printer than replace all the ink cartridges? And that printer inks are more expensive than the most expensive champagne, when priced per ml?

At the £30-50 range, I don't think you're really going to get anything particularly special, but if it's only for occasional use, Canon printers are fairly good. They're the only inkjets I've used that don't suffer from nozzle clog if you leave them for a few weeks in between printings - and this will save lots of money, as the printer isn't constantly trying to clean the heads every time you try to use it.