1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Best / favourite smart phone apps

Discussion in 'General' started by wormy, 7 Jul 2010.

1. wormy

wormy Minimodder

Hello all

I had a search but couldn't find a similar thread elsewhere - but apologies if it is.

I got a new toy yesterday - my first smartphone :) It's a Sony, on O2, currently running Android 1.6.

Soooo...what are you favourite and/or best apps? I'm totally lost with the quantity at the moment (though have added Google maps, Reuters and IMDB) but am looking for other ideas of good, fun or useful stuff.

List away...

2. alastor

alastor Minimodder

FxCamera for Android is pretty brilliant. Astro File Manager does all the bits that an Android file manager should do if there was one. Google Sky Map and Layar are great for showing off to friends and Tricorder should satisfy everyone's inner geek :D

Games-wise, Replica Island is pretty fun. Retro Defence is a funky tower defence game that has a free version...there's a lot of decent stuff on the Market amongst all the crap.

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

4. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Putty and Opera mini are the only programs I regularly use on my phone.

5. wormy

wormy Minimodder

Ah thanks all. Steve, links noted, thanks.

Mod, happy for this thread to be closed and I'll follow up in the other threads...