1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Best Video Codec to Save Films In For Later DVD-Burning?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 23 Mar 2010.

1. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

I'm making a movie in a couple months, and I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. I'm pretty well versed in it, and ever since I've begun using it, I've been saving my files in WMV 720p preset resized to SD (so I can get the ideal quality that they intend for HD video), and I notice that movement is rather pixelated. It's not bad, and after a while, you wouldn't notice it, but it's there. In the original 480p MJPEG AVI source files from my camera, there is no such pixelation.

I plan to burn my film onto DVD after completion, so I'm wondering what codec I should use to save the file onto my PC for later burning. (I plan to upload it to Youtube and Facebook and such as well). My video is in 480p, if that matters.

Also, what software should I use to create the DVD-video? I don't really need a menu designer, though that'd be a neat feature.

2. Hairyman

Hairyman What's a Dremel?

hi,,newbie here..wanna update the thread,,need info about the codec too..tnx..:)

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

keep it in as raw (read: uncompressed) a codec as possible while editing, then convert to your delivery format when all edited, graded and ready to go.