1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Better Speakers...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leebarros, 21 Jan 2010.

1. leebarros

leebarros What's a Dremel?

I have had the Logitech X-540's for a few months now and they are impressive - recently I have noticed that the volume starts to "dip" then go back up only after I have turned the volume to adjust for the loss which results in a sudden "jump" in volume...which is a pain in the rear.

I have tried replacing the soundcard which made a huge improvement to the sound quality but unfortunately the problem still occurs, just not as frequent.

Now, does anyone know of a set of speakers that are on par with these, if not better. The z-5500's would be really nice but are slightly out of my price range at the moment.

Cheers :thumb:

-Lee

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If they're anything like a friend of mine's Logitech speaker's it's the remote volume dooda that's going a bit screwy. Eventually the pot went totally on his and couldn't be turned on...

As for replacements I don't know about 2.1's, but I have a pair of Creative T40's and they're great.

[edit] Ignore that, I have no clue for 5.1's save for an amp + proper speakers.

3. she'shighvoltage!

she'shighvoltage! What's a Dremel?

Klipsch Pro-Media 2.1 speakers are very nice, from personal experience.

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Contact Logitech, to RMA it..

When I contact them for my MX revolution, they ask me my address and some number under the mouse, and they shipped me a new retail box of the mouse. I did not require to send them anything, not even the bill. They are very friendly, fast, and virtually no wait time to talk to someone. I strongly suggest to give them a call. Definitely worth the price of my device which such superb service.