1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF3 Platoon suggestion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by aLtikal, 14 Jul 2012.

1. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

The problem
    The current CPC platoon is full. Members that deserve to be in there, cannot get in
    Many are inactive, and not by just a few days. Some havn't been seen for weeks and months. Some players are just casual, others compete in tournaments...its a big mix of everyone..

Suggestion
    Can we have two platoons instead of one..

Platoon 1 (Main team)
    Should aim for quality over quantity and consist of players that are:
    • Of a good skill level to compete vs other clans/communities
    • Very active
    • A mumble user
    • The more serious "gamer" that aims to play lots.

Platoon 1 is generally the war platoon.

Platoon 2 (Community)
    Should consist of:
    • the remaining members that are generally inactive
    • Casual/community members
    • And others
    Please ? :)

Edit : I have mentioned this idea to others on mumble and I don't think I'm the only one that is thinking the current system is completely broken. I mean...Rogzy the Platoon leader hasn't been online for 3 months...bit silly really :/

Last edited: 14 Jul 2012
  2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I'd be up for it, I should get involved with the games more often that CPC has! Do the servers take long to fill up?

3. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I certainly think it's a good idea for us mumble users to take over control of the Platoon for a start.

As far as splitting the platoon I'm not sure if it's a good idea to base it on skill, we don't really want to be making the call on who's "good enough" or not to get in. I'd say split it between regulars (mumble users and the like) and those who just want to be affiliated with CPC.

Maybe if we started playing wars and things like that we could do it but I can't really see that happening. Not only is Battlefield 3 not particularly active competitively (although I'm involved in some) as far as I can see it's not what we're aiming for as a community. Most of us just want to have some fun on mumble with the guys.

The best way to get involved is add us up and jump on mumble which has anywhere from 4/5 players up to 17 players on some nights.

4. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I think the way you are doing it points more to clan activity or organised wars which CPC community was never really about. By all means do a clean-out but that's as far as it needs to go imo.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Splitting between skill is a bad idea, we aren't a competitive community. Unless its one squad vs another all mumble having a laugh. Votick is trying to get Rogan to have a clear out of inactive players.

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I think making sure that it contains the most active people is sensible - I got thrown out ages ago as I played the 360 version more - happy with that!

Making it skill based relies on someone judging that and is likely to lead to arguments and bad feeling!

7. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Yeah i guess my suggestion is based on competitive play which im used to mostly, and yes this is a community, but instead of saying "This is a community we don't do competitive play" I think we need to ask first.

Who here, from Bit-tech would be willing to play some proper matches, maybe join a ladder or something and to what extent?

I personally would be up for a bit of competitive play and if the numbers are good enough then why not make my suggestion a reality and have a "competative Bit-tech/CPC team" and a community seperately.

The thing i agree with most is giving platoon management to people that are actually regulars on mumble.

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'd take off the bit about a skill requirement as it's a little too elitist.
    Though for competitive play, you could possibly reserve 30-40 slots in the platoon for members who potentially fit into that category..

I'd definitely agree with the activity part and people who connect to mumble should get priority.

On a related note;
    I realise that I've been inactive since February, I'll fix that and get back into playing as of tonight (somewhere around 20:30-21:00pm). :)
    Hopefully the Premium pack will unlock so I can stay on the CPC server with the new Close Quarters stuff being mixed in.

9. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

As others have said Skill based is a step in the wrong direction, if you want to create it you could bridge it off as CPCC or BT-C or w/e (the last C meaning Compet.) where tis just anyone who wants to play matches against other clans can and anyone is allowed in as Skill can be braught up playing against good players. That way there is still CPC for all who just have a laugh then if you want to play with guys from BT/CPC in matches there is the other platoon offering that regardless of "how good" you are.

But just a general clear out of the current CPC group and mabey have mumble admins have admin rights on the group to keep track of who is active etc.

10. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I don't think there's enough of us on bit-tech who want to do competitive play, it's not what I go to the CPC mumble for.

But on the other hand me and other people from Mumble have now started delving into competitive play (it kinda started with Draca and Ezzrah/Eek0r) so you're more than welcome to come join us Alky. If you're on later we can play some ESL versus (drop-in competitive games) which is a great way to get into it.

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm not good enough to competitively play. :( But I am down for cleaning up the old CPC group. I need mah CPC tags. :D

12. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I'd be very happy for a clear out. As said some have been inactive for many many months where as others are very active and yet can't join, regardless of their skill level (or the lack there of :lol:)