1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big problem :(

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ultimate Gamer, 8 Dec 2006.

1. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

ok ive had my computer for about 2 years now and i got a new case recently so i took everything out and layed it on my desk cause i was going to paint the inside of the case so then i got my computer running on my desk fine so later on that day the hard drive crashed and now i cant get past the windows xp loading screen and i thought it was my video card so i put in a different one and it shows up out of range when it get to that point do you think im going to have to do a reinstal of windows?

thank you very much

there are some people out there that will ask then how are you posting this im on my little brothers Pentium 2 lol

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Probably, reintall's always a safe way of getting pretty good results most of the time, or you may have gotten some ESD damage, who knows...

3. Ultimate Gamer

ya i knowo over the 2 years ive had this computer ive reinstalled windows well over 30 times spyware and all other stuff

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Ouch, you've got awful luck then, maybe get some money for an anti-virus next, lol

My only other guess is that if it's OC'ed turn it down to stock and see if it'll boot again

5. Ultimate Gamer

nope nothings oced i cant find a 3rd party bios for it

im gonna go reinstall windows ill be back in about 1 hour and ill tell you if it works

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Out of my range then... I'm still waiting for my A+ certification class so if the problem persists a year from now I can certainly help :D

7. Ultimate Gamer

well i have 2 250gb hdd so im going to install it on my secondary becaus emy first one a may be able to access it later on in the windows software after i update and crap i hope this works

8. Ultimate Gamer

its installing so far so good im happy :)

9. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

mabey install windows on ur new core 2 comp move hdd to your old comp. my core 2 install went bad and for some reason couldnt reeinstall so i moved the hdd to my cheapo pentium d comp reeinstalled windows, moved hdd back to care 2 comp and it worked!!

10. Ultimate Gamer

well that wont work cause i wont have a video card cause my comp is AGP my new one is PCI E. so ya but that would be backward i would be installing windows on my core 2 duo not on my pentium and my pentium its socet 478 the core 2 duo is LGA 775

11. DMAthlon

DMAthlon What's a Dremel?

Use Spybot S&D & Ad Aware Se, then use AntiVir for anti virus ----- all FREE.

keeps my computer clean as a whistle.

12. Ultimate Gamer

well i think the problem got bigger because if any of you have a intel board when you boot up it comes to a screen thats looks like a processor logo and says "intel desktop boards" and it should only stay for about a second but it says for ever it dosent want to boot now lol help please

13. DMAthlon

could be a problem with the OS chooser. reinstall your OS and that should be fixed.

14. Ultimate Gamer

i cant reinstall because it wont let me passed the boot screen thing

15. DMAthlon

hrm, go into your BIOS and lookaround - maybe you could change your boot order to your CD/DVD rom drive and then just pop that install CD in.

that MIGHT work - not sure, good luck, oh and if you do ever get it going again - use the Antivirus & Spyware software i posted up there and run the spyware apps every sunday morning with your cup of coffee and you'll NEVER get infected.

16. Ultimate Gamer

ok well i founded the problem :)

it is that one of my 250gb hdds is fried :( so im reinstalling on the one that has all my files err