1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bing goes live in Britain

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech.net Staff, 5 Jun 2009.

1. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

As someone who used to use Live Search as my default engine (before switching back to Google) I've jumped over to Bing for a bit and, to be honest, don't find it all that different. Sure, I think the algorithm itself has been cleaned up a bit and gives comparably useful results to Google but most of the features on it were already on Live Search- it's just everyone's only just noticed! It might be the case that Microsoft are holding back some of the features from the UK site for now and I'm not experiencing the whole service but it's not as life-changing as its been made out to be- just pretty good.

I won't be switching back to Google for now however and will give Bing a proper trying out at least.

2. i7lova

i7lova What's a Dremel?

You have to actually search for something that may contain adult content and then it asks you if you want to turn safe search off and there is a little spill about being 18 blah blah. So basically they just made it way easier for someone who is not 18 to see some free previews lol.

3. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

the maps is actually really awesome

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Let's be honest, a 10 year old can figure it out, regardless of which engine you use.

5. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Found it the other day when I typed a search into the IE address bar at Uni. I was expecting MSN Search... but Bing came up... That's the only time I've seen it... and the only time I'll probably ever see it.

6. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

The image and video searches are good, although I would like to define my own version of "large" to weed out pictures I think are too small. I might use those features but for my default searches there would have to be something really wrong with Google and revolutionary with Bing to get me to change. After all, I've been using Google for nearly a decade, it's my one constant of the internet.

7. Clocked

Clocked Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

^This..

Sadly all I can think of when I hear the name is that annoying woman saying 'Chandler Bingggggg'....

Other than that, as a search engine it'll be added to the list of ones to use when google (rarely) fails to pull up a decent result.

8. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I quite like their image search.. where you move your mouse over images and they enlarge slightly with the actual screen size shown of the image.

Seems functional... but I dont like the name bing !

sounds too much like bling... which means cheap jewelery where I live !

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I do like how it will play any video in its search results unlike google video search so thats a plus, as for everything else I will stick with google.

Tags: Add Tags