1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 BioShock Demo on LIVE!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DougEdey, 13 Aug 2007.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It's too short! I want the full game.

Seriously tho, I almost pooped my pants about 4 times. Makes FEAR look like a kiddies book.

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I have to ask though, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to allow everyone to shoot lightning bolts out their fingers or set people on fire? It was just begging for something to go wrong.

3. DougEdey

I think the promo with the fire one shows it, when you walk round the ads say "pick up women by lighting their cigarretes with your finger", when you get the plasmid it says "Incinerate your enemies"

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah I saw that, although I can't really think of why one of the general public would find electrobolts useful for menial tasks. It adds a cool element to the game though, I love setting someone on fire, and then shocking them when they jump into a pool of water. Out of interest, does your health and whatever the blue bar is increase over the course of the game, because I find I've only got enough to use plasmids a couple of times before I'm out of the blue stuff.

EDIT: Another Q, does anyone know if the collectors edition that comes with the big daddy figure come with the cool metal case also? I love me metal cases.

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Veles; the "mana bar" replenishes automatically from those blue syringes of EVE, try and shoot lightning when you are out of "mana" and you will automagicly use EVE.

The collectors edition that has the big daddy in it as far as I know comes in a huge box and the game is (supposedly) tinned too but I've seen many conflicting reports on that one.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah the EVE syringes seem to be pretty plentiful, but it would be nice if the bar was a bit bigger, but thats just me being anal retentive about keeping my med packs and EVE at full at all times :p

I find it a bit strange that all these people who are supposedly jacked up with plasmids don't actually use them, maybe they use them a bit later on.

Think I'm just gonna go ahead and pre-order the collectors ed, gonna go for the 360 version as well methinks, deffinitely want to play this game on high bling mode and my PC might chug a bit with this now.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Finally got it download and wow. I like the atmosphere it creates and loks great at 1080p. I think im going to have to get this. Dont have time to play all they way through the just now as im off to see rush hour 3.

Just preordered it on play for £39.99 with free Bioshock faceplate :p

8. kempez

kempez modding again!

Awesome demo, the game has really got me. I was always going to get it, now it's a must have for me :)

9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Using enhancements later in the game, you can expand both the health and eve bars and give yourself extra abilities and combat multipliers etc.

10. DougEdey

I wanted to use an EVE syringe to fill up my bar, but I couldn't work out how. It was annoying that during a quiet period I couldn't just refill, I had to fire at something first.

11. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Left bumper :p

12. DougEdey

that just changes plasmids, didn't refresh EVE

13. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Actually thinking about it your right, Maybe re-selecting the same plasmid you already have reloads then as when I pressed that and only had electroshock at the start it reloaded.

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

There is a button to do it IIRC, give you an injection the same as using B to get health. Can't recall off the top of my head though.

BTW:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/dying-is-to...der-289286.php

Just spotted this, for all those people who downloaded it and want to play it again on a harder difficulty which wasn't previously available.

Last edited: 14 Aug 2007
  15. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Im only 5mins into it and OMFG!

Prob the best demo ive ever played. Its superb and the sound is ****ing awesome.

16. atanum141

The X or B button replenishes the EVE. But you must be in Plasmids mode.

17. TheMafioso

TheMafioso What's a Dremel?

guys, will Bioshock run on Radeon x850 series card ?

18. atanum141

Yes but very badly.
    And that also depends on the rest of your machine

19. TheMafioso

TheMafioso What's a Dremel?

i don't mind playing it at low res...but I see they've mentioned directx 9c card in recommended system specs, so r u sure?

20. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Can't Mod Won't Mod!

Is there a demo for pc yet?

Tags: