1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: General site and forum feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Normally I'd say yes as that sort of thing is normally imported by the site but as you have it on your desktop from something else it may cause other issues if deleted. Your best bet would be to install the normal Roboto i think.

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Found the problem, EVGA Precision. Looked at the properties of Roboto bold and it linked to EVGA Precision. Deleted it and all is well again. Sorry to have bothered you MLyons :)

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This is still odd behaviour even if caused by another program. I've not seen this before. I'll see if it's something we can detect and fix on our end to prevent it in the future.

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I haven't been able to figure out how to write a superscript "2", denoting "squared".
    If this isn't an off-the-shelf feature then I'm requesting you install a custom bbcode manager to enable it for us nerds.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Like this ² ?

6. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Like that. Did you just copy and paste? I'm not seeing any formatting code in the quote

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Nope, was directly entered into the reply box using Gboard. Not sure it's possible to do via PC tbh.

VipersGratitude likes this.
  8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Alt + 0178 [on the number pad, sucks to be you if you've got a number pad free keyboard] = ²... that or fire up charmap.exe or the windows touch kb.

...one of the many reasons i don;t think i could ever get away with a tenkey-less kb.

MLyons and VipersGratitude like this.
  9. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, I suddenly thought after I posted that that you could do it with an altcode. Doh!

10. MLyons

Hmmmm. Not sure if it's something I could implement and as we're busy with other stuff atm (no prizes for guessing that stuff :miffed:) It's unlikely to be done. Sorry :(.

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Not sure it's supposed to be like this.... on my PC. Chrome 67.0.3396.62.

[​IMG]

12. MLyons

Anything specifically wrong? If you're just not a fan of the white styling you can change it at the bottom left of the site.

13. perplekks45

I get the mobile view on a PC. You can imagine how amazingly big text is. And everything else. How do I change that?

Never had that problem and don't have it on my work laptop. It just started yesterday on my private desktop.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ah yeah, I can see it now.

Forgive me if this sounds like teaching my grandmother to suck eggs... but the page isn't zoomed in is it? I can zoom in to 500% (also on Chrome, v67.0.3396.62) and the site simply reflows to fit.

perplekks45 likes this.
  15. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

When I access the forum on my Android 6.0 Mobile using Samsung Internet Beta I'm getting a message to say that forums.bit-tech.net security certificate expired yesterday and that this may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting my connection. I don't get an error with my desktop connection.

16. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Same here on Chrome from my iPhone X.

17. MLyons

On the forums? That screenshot looks normal to me, just the new wider style. It can be changed at the bottom left. If it's for the website can you post your screen resolution and zoom level please?
    We're sorting it now.

18. perplekks45

That fixed it. Why it did that is beyond me, but thanks!

19. MLyons

Certificate issue is fixed. About to look into the IP issue

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I do it all the time accidentally. In Chrome on Windows you can hold control and scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in and out and I often find myself doing it accidentally; I do it in Office applications too.