1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2018 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 26 Nov 2017.

1. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

So Mercedes new engine has made them the team to beat again, McLaren went out in Q1, Paul Ricard is as boring in practice as it was in theory, Grosjean puts in the barrier when it matters...

With all this predictabilify, I should start placing bets!

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

And the track looks stupid with its 500 miles of tarmac run off and the coloured lines, time to make gravel traps great again.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Have to say, dull track but, Leclerc is doing wonders in that Sauber, they are going to be reluctant to let him go.

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

Grosjean, Hartley & Stroll are the sesame seeds on an already stale burger bun.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'm a bit partial to sesame seeds. I'd probably pick them off the stale bun for a tiny snack.

7. Canon

Canon Reformed

I'd say Formula E is a tiny, healthy yet more than ample snack, something I would be happy to see sesame seeds in. :idea:

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Formula E is like Huel or the like... it's technically food but no amount tarting it up or fancy advertising will make it stop being bland grey paste.

David, Canon and The_Crapman like this.
  9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

10. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Williams are so far off the pace it isn't even funny. They are almost in a league of their own how far off the pace they are.

McLaren unable to find aero issue with car. Where have we heard that excuse before?

11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Three months after they sack their Chief Technical Officer, they don't how to interpret his work.

Bet Mr Goss is sat at home laughing his arse off. If nothing else this throws the Whitmarsh era into a much more positive light.

B1GBUD likes this.
  12. javaman

So what's everyone's thoughts on Mistral Chicane getting the axe....surely it was a feature on a generally featureless track. Only reason for axing it seems to be to get the race over quicker.
    Also thought the race wasn't that bad. Had drama and over taking etc tho watching the race with all the stripes was like a a bad fever dream

13. veato

veato I should be working

I read somewhere (maybe M.Brundle?) that having the chicane somewhat spoils the high speed Signes corner

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So the rumor mill (Planet F1) is talking about some interesting points regarding the drivers market:

Lewis has allegedly signed for 2 years with the silver team (no surprise there).
    Ricciardo, meanwhile, hasn't signed with RBR yet, which begs the question whether he seems keen to stay, or maybe take the alleged 20 mill a year McLaren deal, possibly next to Kimi?

I find DanRic AND kimi together a bit far fetched, but who knows.

15. javaman

Yea I can see Kimi retiring at Ferrari. I think Riccardo is weighing up which is the smaller step back. Will Honda be competitive to at least hold 3rd place vs will McLaren be competitive to break into 3rd place.

I also reckon he's talking to Renault. Who in my mind are more likely to break into 3rd than McLaren and if Honda don't deliver

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

If McLaren take on Kimi, it really will look like the last act of a desperate team...

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Agreed.
    I would think that this is a matter of hedging bets.
    Nando seems less and less happy (lots of complaining from him in France again), and more and more likely to leave.
    They need a senior driver next year, and would rather have a situation where Alonso DOES sign again, and they have a second senior driver on the books than being forced into Lando Norris and Stoffel

18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

It'll be like Williams taking on Massa all over again... Except, worse?

19. legoman

legoman breaker of things

You can well understand his frustrations, the team ditched Honda to take on the Renualt PU which is known to work well, and it simply isn't in the McLaren which can only be down to the Chassis/aero an the fact McLaren cannot re create the error in a wind tunnel would point to a fundamental error with the car. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Renault seat contested by Nando and DR

20. javaman

A return to Renault to spearhead a title challenge would be one of those stories akin to JB 09 season.
    I can't see Renault being will to throw the money at Nando unless they had a car that was top 2 worthy and they knew they needed that extra something to clinch it. There are plenty of top drivers that put in this years Merc or Ferrari you would like to think could challenge Hamilton and Vettel.