1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributed Bit-Tech Folding@Home Team (CLOSED: now superseded by joint CPC/bit-tech team)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Byron C, 2 Aug 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaKind420

DaKind420 What's a Dremel?

Woo hoo! Managed to snag 3rd from Herbs before Spacehopper and Atomic kept me from it !!! :) Just got my Athlon 1000 running again and added an A64 3200+ over the weekend. Should help me stay in the top 5 hopefully. If anyone has a socket 478 board for cheap let me know, I got a Celery 2.2 waiting to be hooked up.

2. spacehopper

spacehopper What's a Dremel?

im a commin! :D

3. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I'm pretty impressed that I'm the 13th highest producer. I only have it on 3 computers. One is a P4 3ghz but it it's my G/F so I can't leave it on all the time. My XP2400+ is on for about 16 hours a day and most of that time it is only folding. The other computer is a 1ghz Duron that's not too much either.

I was wondering if I left my computer logged out it would still be running F@H as it's a service right? Would I get better performance then as not as many thigns should be running?

4. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I'm third maybe 4th now with 1 pc folding ;) but I have been going since the start of the team.

5. spacehopper

yeah it still runs when not logged in if you are using the none-graphical client :)

6. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

You're very possibly the oldest member of the team that's still contributing.

Darv - I'd assume if that if the machine isn't logged the system may fold marginally quicker.

7. Amd_Lover2004

Amd_Lover2004 What's a Dremel?

WOW, last I checked up on you people, You were in the high 280's. and I didnt cheack that long ago, good work :thumbsup: 261 I believe is the lates update, again good work you on the way to the top ;)

8. Amd_Lover2004

WOW, last I checked up on you people, You were in the high 280's. and I didnt check that long ago, good work :thumbsup: 261 I believe is the lates update, again good work you on the way to the top ;)

Ummm dont know what happened here but it can be deleted. :confused:

9. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

The team is chugging out WUs at a nice rate now!

Need to get the rest of my machines up so I can catch up with spacehopper :p

10. spacehopper

*installs client on other 300 or so pcs* :idea:

bwahaha! :D

11. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Only another 5 or so machines left in my Labs now...

12. DaKind420

:jawdrop: ? More info please?!!?!?

13. spacehopper

lol dont think its worth running it on most of the other machines we have here at work... theyre not really fast enough and would probably struggle with performance when running the client...

theres a few more powerful ones left ive gotta stick the client on :)

14. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I have plenty of sub 1GHz machines, just not worth the effort really...

15. DaKind420

How far below 1ghz are we talking? If it's in the 700-800 range it should still fold nicely. I've got 3 PIII 800's running it and they churn out WU's pretty nicely.... But I guess if you're already putting up 1500 pts a day, whats another 75 :D

16. spacehopper

got quite a lot ranging between 600 to 1ghz... not worth the hassle from users and potential problems of them going wrong if theyre folding while theyre being used for day to day tasks

that and heating up the rooms theyre in... :hehe:

17. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

1. Open a window
    2. Duct the heat all over the building

Simple :)

18. Amd_Lover2004

I wil be getting a lab of ~200 PIII 800's slowly over the next two months, Well worth it in my opinion, just not a whole lot of extra points but its all towards a cause so get as many as you can regaurdless of speed OK. BTW I have a MII 300 that is folding 24/7 though it cant complete the deadlines it still adds points(takes about two weeks for one low point WU)

19. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

I've been hassling my Uni to let me install it (on the CompSci computers at least), but they keep ignoring me. Maybe I should try again.

20. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Exactly my reasons too. Also the machines that slow dont tend to have much ram, so need the precious little they have for the users programs leaving none for F@H. None of my machines are below P4 1.7GHz, and that the min spec I'll use now.

No chance in hell. The support technicians dont want more software to potentially cause conflicts and problems.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.