1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Silver I and II is hardly noob... lol.

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I refuse to play ranked, mostly because I decided I didn't need or want a number to compare epeen, but also because I've heard the stupidity of Modds team as he rages on teamspeak about them. I think he's fluctuated between silver 5 and 2, and he didn't start at 5. Then again I've heard another friend say his team are doing stupid sh*t and he's in gold 3/4 afaik, definitely gold though.

But now I've not played normal in so long, that I've come to the realisation that

a) My map awareness is gone
    b) I can't last hit to save my life
    c) I've lost my general sense for the strategy of normal.

so I don't play normal any more. At one time my normal game was ok enough that I suspect I could have hit high silver, possibly even low gold - so silver 2 to gold 5. Most of our group has suddenly stopped playing LoL now, fed up with the community mostly, but also Riot. I'd say half of us have moved to Smite and are currently having a lot of fun - though LoL was like that at the start.

A Noob? Are you sure?

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'm working on leveling up my EU account, only up to level 12 right now.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I would kindly disagree. Having been in Silver 3 then struck with a bad case of holy hell I can't play properly/top laners can't carry, Silver to low Gold is a mixed bag in terms of teams.

I'm not great at the game, but I've seen and played decently to know who's god or not. My problem though is that I've literally been on a losing streak that has not stopped.

Yes I could get better. And I should. I'm constantly trying to change and improve my mechanics. But it's a bit of an uphill battle when you get landed with Junglers who have no idea what they're doing, bot laners that feed 6 kills in 5 minutes.

I play those roles and when I do, things are going well until another lane decides to wither and die.

There is no game like watching yourself get decent kills and push an objective to get 4 man ganked without help and have no ability to retaliate because your team has fed the jungler and mid.

Maybe I'm just frustrated because I haven't been doing well myself, but at this point it feels like I'm being punished with teams that insta-feed. At least my LKS has dropped nearly 100 points down to 1229 from 1319. I was doing well too. D:

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I don't play ranked AT ALL, as described above, but I have played with Xahl, Yslen and one or two others on here currently ranked (last they were online at the same time as me) around Silver IV/V.

I know I am no match for any one of those players - at least not if the last time we played was anything to go by.

And yes, Silver and Gold can be filled with tossers as well... I have seen some guys High Gold ranked (in a team) blow hard in game, simply because they're not with their team anymore, and out of their depth.

Nowadays I hold myself OK, and unless I play Bot (or jungle... is SUCK in the jungle) and the lane partner drops the ball completely, I normally manage to hold my lane (at least until that 4-man gank you spoke about comes in), but I still doubt I could push myself to anything NEAR silver by myself...

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Try it sometime. I'm not very good and I managed to get placed in Silver IV, move up then get pushed back down. (Might be indicative of my skill, although my match history says very differently if team stats are included...Cho gaths should never have the most gold in a team) The skill levels aren't that much more. I just need a break from this and play with hard carrying champions. Because top laners aren't built in late game scaling carries. I did ADC once. And well, I did well in lane (perfect plays) and then repeatedly died in teamfights... No peels. :(

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Been thinking about it, but kinda dreading d(r)aft pick. People seem to want to follow some preset pattern there that disregards everything and whoever shouts loudest gets the position they want.

all scepticism aside, I would probably have to learn a proper AP mid (kassadin perhaps...) and a Jungle then (J4)...

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Leveling is slow through aram but aram is a nice way to ease my way back into the game. It seems every game I'm getting the recommendation things for the honor initiative which is neat, I rarely got any of them on the US servers at 30. I've had 5 for honorable opponent and 4 for teamwork which is awesome. I always try to use the chat, pings and encouragement so its a nice reward. It doesn't really give you anything but its some nice gratification.

9. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Ranked just makes me mad... When I first started this season I was put in Bronze 1, I made it to Silver 5 without losing a game, then I blast through Silver 5 to Silver 3 in 1 step (hidden elo was very high) I continue to blast through silver 3 to get into promotion, get bad teams fail promotion, then this continues till im at the bottom of silver 3, i slowly work my way back up then suddenly horrific chain of teams and I drop for Silver 3 to Silver 5 in 2 days. That was annoying...
    I mean I'm not the best player but I generally never lose my lane, the problem is you can't really carry the rest of your team unless you are really good, which I'm not, I mean I remember a game where I got something like 18/7 with Kassadin... but still lost because the rest of my team just ran around solo getting caught miles out of possition and stuff. /rant

10. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Just started playing today. Immediately bought Ashe :p
    I'm going to be playing a lot of custom games with bots before fully diving into the online battles :)

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

/ignore enemy

You'll thank me one day :D

12. AverageNinja

I will, thanks :D
    A lot of flaming then? :p

13. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Imagine my feelings when this happens since I am a support player. :D But what I've noticed is when you try to keep positive attitude it's more likely you end up winning. I personally don't use chat much because my typing speed in English is really slow (I'm trying to improve this). If I could type in Finnish it would we whole other story... :D

Oh and when I loose 2 games in a row in ranked, I move on to play draft pick normal games. To me it's really day dependent whether i get good or bad teams.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

tips for newcomers to the game:

1) Have fun. If you're not having fun, don't play.
    2) Don't Die.
    3) Play against real people as much as possible. Real people do stupid ****. Learn to recognise it, and learnt o avoid it.
    4) Learn one champ first. ADC was a good place for me to start, as it teaches you how to stay out of trouble, and how to position and last-hit (things I am still not great at).
    5) You will lose. a LOT.
    6) You will get raged at. A LOT.
    7) Play for fun. You're not Froggen or Doublelift, and probably never will be. Deal with it.

@AverageNinja - You play on EUW, I assume (Finnish)? Feel free to add people on here.
    I know Xahl and Yslen are very friendly (those are their summoner names), and if we happen to be on at the same time, I really don't mind playing with new players - so add me as well (same summoner name as forum name ;) )

15. Chris1554

Chris1554 What's a Dremel?

Feel free to add me too, name is Minaccia.

16. AverageNinja

Thanks mate :D
    Yes I play on EUW, I'm dutch :)
    My favourite champ is Ashe atm, but she's really popular, so I don't think I can be her every game.

17. rollo

rollo Modder

Only 1 adc in most games so in theory you could play Ashe all the time. Enough Ashe is pretty poor passed a certain point. Late game scaling means miss fortune and cait are 2 most played adc.

The game gets annoying with randoms easier to just play ranked as a full team if you can acquire it.

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Ashe was on free rotation 3 weeks back or so, which is probably why she's popular right now in the lower levels.
    She's quite easy to pick up and a common pick for "my first ADC" (in my case, also my strongest).
    The higher level you get in game, the less free rotation matters, since at level 30, most people own 20-odd champs. You need 15 or so to play draft pick, since 5 people on the other team, plus 4 on your team plus blocks can happen before you get to pick.

As for Ashe being a weak ADC - she's probably not a prime one (I'd agree that that probably goes to MF and Cait), but she's OK. What she lacks in pure damage output, she makes up for in utility, what with her Q and W being slow, her E providing visibility and gold (including shrub, BTW), which makes her able to nerf jukes like a boss, and let's not forget her global ult. The added gold and her good assist rate in kills make it possible for her to recover a bit of lost ground if needed, and make her very newcomer friendly in terms of farm.

She might not have the pure damage output of MF, or the poke that Caitlyn has (which I still think is ridiculous), but she's a good asset when teamed up correctly with someone that can deal a bit of damage as well.

19. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

@rollo

miss fortune and cait aren't that amazing late game, their power is mostly in the laning phase

ashe ends up better because her entire kit stays useful, MF's ult basically takes her out of the teamfight for the duration (and locks her in one spot!) and cait's is useless with the large number of shields around now. it's basically countered by half the supports in the game, and barrier which squishies often take

the best lategame ad carries are tristana and kog'maw imo

also @BentAnat ashe is popular in the lower levels because she costs 450ip. she's not a very newb friendly ADC because her ult can can do zip if you miss and she doesn't have the range and damage early that caitlyn and others have, and she has no escape like cait, ezreal, etc. if you get caught as ashe all you can do is hope that you have ult up and maybe kite with her Q, and proper kiting isn't easy. she starts becoming scary once she has a solid two items built, early (outside of a level 1 fight due to the guaranteed crit) she's bad

just played two games as diana after her shield changes and nerfs, she's still great. the new shield is possibly slightly better in laning than her old one at least at early levels

not as good in teamfights or if you get caught out of position though. won't be stopping karthus ults with it anymore

Last edited: 16 May 2013
  20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

@Doco - yeh... I forgot that she's cheat as chips...

As for newb friendly, she's mechanically simple.
    Caitlyn's escape is not super potent, and not super intuitive to use for someone that more likely than not doesn't know the majority of champs they come up against.

Ez is still a very competent pick. he pokes well and scales quite well, and, as you mentioned has a kit that's quite helpful when getting the hell outta dodge.

A new player will inevitably get killed a lot. Especially looking at the lower levels now being filled (on EUW at least, last I checked) with smurfs. It may not be the worst idea to start out with a champ that teaches you some awareness, albeit the hard way.

What you say about Ashe's ult is of course true. It does NOTHING if it misses, but it's not THAT hard to hit either, and new players (hell - MOST players) shouldn't be trying to land it from the fountain to the enemy inhibitor....

As for early game Cait - she's BRUTAL. Her auto-crit on every 3rd/5th hit is madness. And her poke is not easy to compete with...