Windows Bit-tech TF2 Game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 27 Oct 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Thanks for the game peeps - LOTS of fun :thumb:

I'm going to set a load of future events up, twice weekly for us

2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Aye, great fun! I'm slowly getting better at some of the classes. I love pyro and the engineer but the medic is my favorite. I got some time in as a spy today as well, but I'm not very good at him yet.

That's a point actually... All the characters are Mr's, I wonder why there are no females on the teams.

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The women are at home making the dinner.

Seriously need to upgrade my PC because when ever I come into range of another player or any kind of action it starts to become like a slide show.

4. K

K 528491

I couldn't get on the server, boooo. And since the update this morning, I keep getting loads of stupid Connection Error problems.

I think it's a fantastic game, but I still get the gut feeling that I preferred TFC more. Mainly because the combat seemed more visceral and I'm really missing some of the grenades. Concs and EMPs specifically. It seems nigh on impossible to take out an SG anymore unless you're either miles away from it, or a spy.

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Or a medic with invun and any other character. I think it encourages more actual teamwork, so in that aspect is has completely succeeded. Spamming nades was never fun.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Kind of the point, but remember turrets aren't quick at acquiring targets, you can pop in and out of cover quickly and take it out without taking a hit. There are several ways to do it, snipers are good as it takes 2 fully powered shots and it's down, not so good against ones round a corner. For ones round a corner poping in and out of cover with shotgun or whatever works well or using the demoman's 'nades.

7. K

K 528491

I think you're both right about how it's less about spamming nades and encouraging teamwork, but come on, on a public server? It's a challenge in itself to find co-operative people. I really do like it, and will try getting on the Bit server asap for some proper teamy action. I go by El Zoido, not K.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well seeing as team is in the name it's an important part of the game. I think it does force people into teamwork even if they don't realise it, otherwise a team gets completely owned. I have had that experience unfortunately when half the team decides they want to be a sniper, but I find more often than not the team works roughly together in a common sense way.

9. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

The most anoying thing in this game is when the teams don't balance. Just had a two hour round of lazy town which all came crashing down when the teams fell unbalanced so instead of it being too and fro around the 3rd cp it ended up we were rolled on! We held on for about 10 minutes but at no point did the server auto balance.

Tags: